GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Anyone have a rear spoiler/deflector on a 2000+ with barn doors?

I found one GTS, but the pictures are all "stock" photos of either a liftgate or a 92-99 style with barn doors (even tho it fits "00-06 cargo doors only")

'01 K2500 496 big block It's here! It's here! It's finally here!

Jr. Apprentice

My previous Suburban was 2001 LS with barn doors and it had a spoiler. I'm not sure who the manufacture was as it came installed when I bought the truck used. Here's a couple photos....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North Bay-20130212-00513 clean.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	52212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North Bay-20130212-00512clean.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	52211

That's what I'm looking for. Can you go steal it and send it to me?

Jr. Apprentice

If you do find one, keep in mind that if you plan on using your roof racks for something that is long, like a canoe, the spoiler is higher than the roof racks and will interfere. For my canoe I had to use foam blocks on the rear crossbar to clear the spoiler. If the canoe has a lot of rocker in the design it will still touch.

I took a quick look and the only one I found was manufactured by Pure and it looks like the doors would clear it. The model number is FG-520 and it can be colour matched or black. Google "Pure FG-520 Suburban".

The OEM accessory in the Suburban accessories catalogue wasn't designed for the barn doors; the part number is 12497613. I didn't find one for the barn doors so it looks like the one pictured was aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by trottida View Post
    If you do find one, keep in mind that if you plan on using your roof racks for something that is long, like a canoe, the spoiler is higher than the roof racks and will interfere. For my canoe I had to use foam blocks on the rear crossbar to clear the spoiler. If the canoe has a lot of rocker in the design it will still touch.

I took a quick look and the only one I found was manufactured by Pure and it looks like the doors would clear it. The model number is FG-520 and it can be colour matched or black. Google "Pure FG-520 Suburban".

The OEM accessory in the Suburban accessories catalogue wasn't designed for the barn doors; the part number is 12497613. I didn't find one for the barn doors so it looks like the one pictured was aftermarket.
    I'm on my 3rd Suburban and have never once used the roof rack. For that matter, I can't remember ever putting anything on the roof of any vehicle I've owned. That's what trailers are for.

I've seen the Pure wing on ebay, but at a buck fiddy plus shipping, it's way more than I'm willing to spend. I found a super cheap deal on a brand new Lund Windjammer for liftgate burbs. It actually mounts on the top of the lifgate (which would be the tops of the barn doors). I'm seriously considering cutting it in half and putting it on. I wouldn't be out much if it didn't work.

But I really like the one in your pics. Wish I knew what brand that is. It looks like it could very well be the Lund model for barn doors (38026). Can't find one anywhere.
    Last edited by blackburb; 05-27-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Jr. Apprentice

No, I don't think it is the Lund 38026. I looked at the pictures of the Lund and the one on my old Suburban sits closer to the roof and wraps around the sides more. I've attached another angle of photo but I'm not sure if it shows much more. All of the shots I have from when I sold it focus more on the side panels and the spoiler is cropped out.

We are a family of 6 with a large dog and use the racks frequently. Two canoes on top with extra wide load bars and pulling a 5'x14' in-line ATV trailer or sometimes one canoe and a Thule Atlantis 2100 cargo box. In the winter we have the Thule box on with all the skis and snowboards. A trailer would be very inconvenient for this purpose and our gear stays much cleaner given the rugged logging roads we travel in the summer and the snow and slush in the winter. To each his own I guess.

Name:	DSC04625clean.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	52405

Name:	North Bay-20130212-00524.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	52406
    Last edited by trottida; 05-28-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Lol! Yours is definitely a different situation from mine. I'm a family of 1 and don't participate in any recreational activity that involves me providing the physical energy to propel something (in other words, all my toys have motors!)

I couldn't find a picture of the Lund 38026, but your old one looks a lot like the Lund on my '94 in terms of shape and style. I guess it's a moot point as I can't find one new or used listed anywhere online.

Name:	1291.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	52407