GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default '07 Escalade seats into a '92 K2500 Burb

First off, I'm new to the forums. Thanks in advance for any help!

Anyone have any experience modding a 1992 Suburban with 2007 Escalade seats? I'm comfortable with doing any drilling and I'm not planning on hooking up any of the seat heating/cooling (yet). Just wondering if anyone has any tips.

Measure to see if the mounting holes line up. If they do it should be an easy swap, but you will lose power functions because on the newer trucks they are controlled by the BCM

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I am sure that it can be done pretty easily. Even if the holes do not line up, you could always make mounting plates with studs that go into the new seat holes and holes that line up with the current holes or studs in your 92. Some Counter Sunk socket head cap screws would work great for going from the new plate into the seat frame of the new seats. If I knew how to use paint well I could sketch it up for you. If you get stuck I can see what I can do. You could probably even run power to them, just bypass what signal that the BCM would have sent. You may need to do some research on that. Some of the seat systems only use 5 volts.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)