GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default FS: Sony Trinitron 40" HDTV - not an LCD

I am moving in a week (but will still have possession of the house I am currently living in for two more weeks). I have a 40" non-LCD TV I would like to get rid of. I don't need it nor do I want to mess with moving it. Yes, it still works.

• Sony Trinitron XBR
    • KV-40XBR800
    • 40" HD 4:3 screen
    • Has 1 DVI connection the rear
    • Remote included
    • 27" D x 43" W x 33" T
    • weighs 300 pounds

Yes, you read that correctly - 300 pounds! Hence, why I don't want to move it. Needless to say, this is for pick up only. TV stand included. PM me if interested. This is in the DFW, TX area. asking $200 for the TV and stand.

Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Good 'ol big-tube Trinitrons -- they were the best in their day, and their $2500ish hundred dollar price tag (including stand, of course), when new, reflected it. It doesn't shock me, at all, that you were still using it 10+ years after its hayday. My 24" trinitron monitor got lots of use past its prime, too -- until, like you, I got fed up with moving it.

The sad part is you'll probably end up giving it away unless you happen to spark the interest of someone who prefers CRT images to LED/LCD images. (Some people like tubes better... I don't happen to be one of them.)

Good luck!

Yeah, its weight is the only gripe I have about it.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got some bad news for ya.. There are ALWAYS Sony Tube TV's for FREE!!! On Craigslist.. You just can't get rid of them no one wants to move a 200-300 lbs TV I used to deliver them all the time And I know how heavy they are.. No Thanks They are a Great set and have a Great picture But they are just too hard to get rid of.. Sorry Good Luck...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Got some bad news for ya.. There are ALWAYS Sony Tube TV's for FREE!!! On Craigslist.. You just can't get rid of them no one wants to move a 200-300 lbs TV I used to deliver them all the time And I know how heavy they are.. No Thanks They are a Great set and have a Great picture But they are just too hard to get rid of.. Sorry Good Luck...
    No takers come moving day so I smashed the glass and trashed the TV!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Got Pics ??? I did that for a friend of mine we out his 32in on a fork Lift as high as it would go over a dumpster and let her RIP!!!! It was Cooll....