GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Wanted: An honest opinion from members.

A post from last week brought out the fact that many members on GMTC feel its good non-confrontational place to seek advice, with that in mind as moderators where do we stand.
    What do we get right.
    Wrong.
    Should we step in more.
    Less.
    Or are we showing about the right amount of presence.

I realize this type topic can quickly become a bash session, thats not the purpose.
    I'm looking for true constructive information.
    Be honest but if your looking to bash a specific member or process that you have a real hard on for and feel you have to rant about ts keep that to PM's.
    So lets hear it!!

IMHO... Keep up the good work.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I say help who you can on a public site and if it goes beyond that send it to PM's....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

It feels just about right. I've witnessed no recent heavy-handedness ... and also witnessed no real reason for any form of zealous moderator interaction (beyond dealing with SPAM or moving posts to more appropriate locations) because the regular membership, here, seems to be a mature and considerate group of people.

It'd be nice, though, if the mods could help push to get some of that site work done that Steve promised was coming.

Keep up the good work Mods!!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Your guys are doing great and help new members a lot by placing their new threads in the appropriate forums.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I think you guys are doing a great job.
    The only thing I have notice probable in the past 3 months there is not always one of you on here which I think is fine but there use to be one or two on every time I would sign in night or day. I don’t see this to be a problem; it is just something I have noticed.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I feel that it is just about right also, I have been on here long enough to see some interesting things, and some of us know each other personally and may say things that don't offend some people, while it may offend someone else and they may not be aware of the context that it was said in or meant and we have lost some members over stuff like that which were valuable to the community.

Jr. Mechanic

I think your doing a good job as moderators and appreciate it. My only concerns are about the operation of the site itself and getting some of the issues fixed, such as ensuring searches work correctly. The major issue I have with the site is clicking "new posts" button after logging in only gets me posts within the last 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    IMHO... Keep up the good work.
    Agreed. I think you guys do a great job with only a few of you.

The one concern I have is we seem to have lost quite a few good members over the past year or so. I don't know the reason, but the volume on here has also decreased yet we continue to get new members joining on a daily basis. I became a member of this site to learn from other members and to share any knowledge I've learned as well. It's important that we keep those who impart valuable knowledge to those in need. I'm not suggesting that anyone is at fault or that I have the answer, but it is a concern I feel should be addressed.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by