GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What Are Your Summer Plans - GMTC 2013 Thread!

What's everyone got planned for SUMMER 2013?

We've got a trip with the grandparents planned, probably do a few camping trips, looking at doing some home improvement projects ... going to skip summer league baseball - too hot, but might do some camps and what not.

What's everyone else got planned? Any road trips, camping trips or other notable uses for your truck?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

A month and a half of my summer will be spent at Fort Knox, training ROTC cadets. After that, I'll be taking a trip to Oklahoma for my vacation to see family and (hopefully) interview for jobs in preparation of me moving back there. Looking forward to going back to my home state to live again.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

@SupplySgt hope all your people made it through the tornadoes ok.
    I am going to Corrolla NC for a week of surf fishing and drving on the beach. Oh and lots of beer drinking!!!
    I am also going to be hauling lumber in the truck for a screened in porch I am going to build on the back of my house.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Working at a scout camp all summer, so I will have little time for working on the truck and seeing family. I've been in a mad rush to get things done on the truck so she runs great and won't give me trouble this summer.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

5. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I will be in Vegas for a conference. We make it a week long family trip every year during the conference (different place each year)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Picking up some work on the Vegas strip (just part time), headin to the shootin range, Visiting my sister In Seattle for her college graduation in June, and barbequing on our new grill in our soon-to-be landscaped backyard. All in all, pretty nice summer!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

8 day road trek from upstate NY to Fort Lewis WA. We are stopping at my aunts house in OH the first day, then driving to the H-D museum in WI. Our next big stop will be MT Rushmore around day 4, and then the rest of the way we will just be driving until we get there. I will try to post up some pics once we get settled in. Should be quite a trip. Crossing our fingers there are no problems along the way of course. I will have my bike in the bed of the truck, pulling a U-haul, and the wife will be driving her mommy mobile...We should arrive on July 3rd.

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

NOT travel
    NOT buy things
    NOT help the economy
    cause gas is $4 a gallon and our money is worthless X(
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    8 day road trek from upstate NY to Fort Lewis WA. We are stopping at my aunts house in OH the first day, then driving to the H-D museum in WI. Our next big stop will be MT Rushmore around day 4, and then the rest of the way we will just be driving until we get there. I will try to post up some pics once we get settled in. Should be quite a trip. Crossing our fingers there are no problems along the way of course. I will have my bike in the bed of the truck, pulling a U-haul, and the wife will be driving her mommy mobile...We should arrive on July 3rd.

Safe travels to you and your family Billy. I hope you all have a great trip out there.

Wife bought some tickets to countryfest at Schaghticoke Fairgrounds in NY so we are going to make a weekend of it and go camping as well. Besides that just going to be working like crazy. If anyone else is going to countryfest hit me up and may e we can meet up for some tailgating
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Summer plans? What are those? lol

Nothing huge planned here. Just working and chilling.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

12. Likes ChevyFan liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by