GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, it looks like my stimulus may be coming from the feds, and going straight back to the state. Yesterday, I got a notice in the mail telling me that I screwed up on my state taxes. Well, every line of the form they agree with, with the exception of the refund and payment lines. They say I owe 600, not them oweing me 78. I have no earthly idea how we can both do the same math from the same numbers and get 2 drasticlly different numbers. Calling them today to debate this, because I don't know how the hell they came up with these numbers. Also seems kinda fishy that they want the exact amount of my stimulus check right when it comes to me....
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

just as an update to my previous post, that's all resolved now, I don't owe anything. In the end, what it was is that I was using a turbotax-produced form that just has all the line numbers and amounts listed. The person keying in my return(why don't they OCR this stuff...) accidentally got the amount from one column to the left for the what I owe line. Yay, money to blow again

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    wow, that's a great way to explain things...
    I also call her the planning committee - I cannot keep up with all the things she plans for us and never remember to look at the calendar. When a friend asks, "Hey, what are you guys doing this weekend?" I must tell him, "I don't know. I'll have to ask the planning committee." The planning committee tells me where we have to be, what time we have to be there and what the proper attire would be for said event will be.

My wife is awesome!!! She lets me buy trucks and boats!!

I dont get 1 I had to PAY this year

2005 Canyon 28000 2.5
    Curt
    Lincolnton NC

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    I also call her the planning committee - I cannot keep up with all the things she plans for us and never remember to look at the calendar. When a friend asks, "Hey, what are you guys doing this weekend?" I must tell him, "I don't know. I'll have to ask the planning committee." The planning committee tells me where we have to be, what time we have to be there and what the proper attire would be for said event will be.

oooh yah dont I know that !...
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Well, I got mine last week and, unfortunately, it's going straight into savings. I wish I could spend it on exhaust and a programmer for the pick-up, but I'll be getting married at the end of this year and I don't want my future wife to think she married a broke ass
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

I had the luxury of getting into a car accident, (of course my fault....i swear i didn't see her) so my 600 went toward my thousand dollar deductible. lucky me......
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

Quote Originally Posted by asstda2b View Post
    I had the luxury of getting into a car accident, (of course my fault....i swear i didn't see her) so my 600 went toward my thousand dollar deductible. lucky me......
    Yikes! Sorry to hear about the wreck! Maybe a lower deductible is in your future?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123