GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very good information. Did not even know this truck would have "speed sensitive steering"..

So, I just got under the truck and did some looking around. Found a connector on the back of the Power steering pump. Pulled that connector off, drove around, and no more problem!

For poops and giggles, i put the connector back on. drove around. Problem was back!

So, i think i found my .99 cent fix. Unplug the sending unit to the power steering pump that adjusts the pressure!

My understanding is that, when you disable the EVO system, the power steering system essentially reverts to a "traditional" power steering system. If everything else is otherwise working as you should, disabling it might be the easiest solution.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Quote Originally Posted by mwa3c View Post
    Very good information. Did not even know this truck would have "speed sensitive steering"..

So, I just got under the truck and did some looking around. Found a connector on the back of the Power steering pump. Pulled that connector off, drove around, and no more problem!

For poops and giggles, i put the connector back on. drove around. Problem was back!

So, i think i found my .99 cent fix. Unplug the sending unit to the power steering pump that adjusts the pressure!
    Glad that fixed the problem. As I had no idea those were there either. Something to put into my less than infinite knowledge
    @MrShorty, I tried giving your earlier post rep points but it says I have to spread the love around a little more first
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12