GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yea I printed out the whole "book" ha. I always kept a copy of it with me in the truck just in case I needed it or if someone else needed it. Mostly needed it because no one could under stand me saying Magnuson Moss Act....all the heard was "maggets ball sak".....people these days..And my dealer has been more than fair to me about everything. Only thing they said "No" to was the carrier in the rear end when I went to swap gears. The spider gears were pitted and starting to bust. They said it was not common and was due to it being ragged out.. But I can promise it hasn't been. I've spoke with a few people that pull quite frequently as I do and they all have had to get better carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by RadoRage View Post
    Don't let someone at the dealership tell you aftermarket parts will void your warranty. As far as aftermarket parts and mods go, unless the part is the cause of the malfunction your warranty is still valid. Mods may cause some extra scrutiny from a dealer when bringing it in, but it doesn't automatically void your warranty. Search the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" to get more detailed info.

I've heard of dealers making it difficult to have warranty work done on a heavily modified vehicle but the law is clear...it just may take extra time and a bit of a headache if the dealer decides to be difficult about it.
    - - - Updated - - -

Update on the new motor and all. Just rolled over 58k on the odo and have checked the oil every three days since new to keep track of everything. As of now no consumption has occurred, although last time it started at 38k or so. Swapped gears to 4.10s with locker since the stock carriers are apparently junk if you pull frequently. Spider gears were pitted and breaking. Talked to quite a few people they also had this issue with their trucks they pulled with. When the motor broke-in I decided to have it tuned, and to get the spedo back to stock as close as possible. Mad Tunes Racing did the tune, after the tune I am averaging 18 mpg highway and 15 town. If the road is flat and traffic is flowing nice no slowing or speeding up, I can get 19 if not using cruise control. This is also with 50 psi in the tires, no load, full tank of 93, and no wind. But everything is a variable on the road. Over all I'm please with the new motor and the whole set up!
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

super awesome truck you have there rocketmanh, great job. That red really pops.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

badass looking rig bud!

You may be the most indecisive person I've ever met when it comes to wheel selections but hey, the end result looks great and I can more than understand "needing a change"! It seems like once a month I'm looking for SOMETHING to do to Truck Norris to change his appearance or how he runs.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by summitwhite11 View Post
    super awesome truck you have there rocketmanh, great job. That red really pops.
    Thank ya very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    badass looking rig bud!

You may be the most indecisive person I've ever met when it comes to wheel selections but hey, the end result looks great and I can more than understand "needing a change"! It seems like once a month I'm looking for SOMETHING to do to Truck Norris to change his appearance or how he runs.
    Well to make things better I have some BMF Novakanes on order already ready to make changes! I'm in the same boat as you are, I have to do small steps each month so I don't do tons of things two or three times. I usually run out of things to do, then do them different again. It's an addiction I can't control!!!
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Very nice looking truck!!! It's also the right color!
    Cody

2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT
    Z71 Appearance Package

She's a beauty! Nice job man! I just did a timeline not too long ago of my silverado. We are in a very similar boat it sounds like…My truck was given to me when I was in high school as well. You put it perfectly…"spoiled? No. Thankful? YES".

I've worked at my dad's dealership since I was 13 and though they provided me with the truck I've worked very hard over the years to piece together all of the mods and get it looking the way I like.

Keep up the great work man - and awesome ride!

Quote Originally Posted by 11redz71 View Post
    Very nice looking truck!!! It's also the right color!
    Thank you very much and yes indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    She's a beauty! Nice job man! I just did a timeline not too long ago of my silverado. We are in a very similar boat it sounds like…My truck was given to me when I was in high school as well. You put it perfectly…"spoiled? No. Thankful? YES".

I've worked at my dad's dealership since I was 13 and though they provided me with the truck I've worked very hard over the years to piece together all of the mods and get it looking the way I like.

Keep up the great work man - and awesome ride!
    Thanks very much. And yea I had one chance on a vehicle. I wasn't like most at my school who got a new one each year after they destroyed it ha. I even had special parking by my principal so it didn't get destroyed lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update of Silvia and what she looks like now. Sold the 18s and 35s and bought a set of 35-12.50-20 Trail Graps again and I'm sticking with them this time until they need replacing....or so I say. Anyway here she is on 20x9 Drop Stars with the goofy monster logo since they were swapping to new cap styles when I ordered these and had to settle.... waiting to get that crap off of them asap. Will be getting some more bayou shots this weekend hopefully weather permitting... Snagged a few pics at work for preview.

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

8. Likes Steve liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmanh5 View Post
    Just an update of Silvia and what she looks like now. Sold the 18s and 35s and bought a set of 35-12.50-20 Trail Graps again and I'm sticking with them this time until they need replacing....or so I say. Anyway here she is on 20x9 Drop Stars with the goofy monster logo since they were swapping to new cap styles when I ordered these and had to settle.... waiting to get that crap off of them asap. Will be getting some more bayou shots this weekend hopefully weather permitting... Snagged a few pics at work for preview.

Looks good man! Like the cleared headlights -- I want to do it to mine. From what I understand you have to literally cut the light open? Scares the hell out of me. Is it as bad as it seems? Everything flows really well. Will look a lot better without the monster caps lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Looks good man! Like the cleared headlights -- I want to do it to mine. From what I understand you have to literally cut the light open? Scares the hell out of me. Is it as bad as it seems?
    Dont cut the lights open!!! you can put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 230degrees and pull the lense off. Ive done this and it works.. then get some thin butyle tape to put them back together. Ive explained some of this in my NNBS headlight mod thread.

Yes the cleared headlights definitely are nicer.. Are you going to use swichback led signals or just an amber bulb?

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Dont cut the lights open!!! you can put them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 230degrees and pull the lense off. Ive done this and it works.. then get some thin butyle tape to put them back together. Ive explained some of this in my NNBS headlight mod thread.

Yes the cleared headlights definitely are nicer.. Are you going to use swichback led signals or just an amber bulb?
    Thanks Phantom, I'll check out your thread.

I've read that the oven baking isn't very effective?? I'll definitely go with the swichback signals. The whole point of clearing the headlights is to make them clear. At least IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast