GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Memorial Day 2013 - Have a safe holiday everyone!

MEMORIAL DAY 2013 - Remembering those who gave it all.
    Memorial Day 2013Just wanted to take a minute to wish all of the members on GMTC a happy memorial day, if indeed it is proper to wish someone to be happy on a day that is set aside to remember the sacrifices that so many people gave to fight against so much that was wrong and threatened our relative freedoms.

To all of the member on this site who have served to help protect our freedoms, our way of life from those who would take it away. Thank you.

To everyone else, I hope you get some away with family and friends to reflect on what's important to you. And to everyone, please be safe!

ANY PLANS?
    Just curious what everyone has planned this year. We're going to take a trip to see my wife's grandfather and maybe get a day just to relax and talk with family and friends. No major trips planned though.

Memorial Day is Monday May 27, 2013

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Blog Entries

thanks to all the vets and take a minute to remember those we lost.

I'm headed with the family out to New Mexico to go camping for the whole week. We hope to be on the road in the next hour and should be able to pull into our camping areas just after it turns dark.
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!

^^^ Woah! Another Chevy-driving Clint in the DFW area!! Crazy...

I'll be moving this weekend. I get the keys to my new apartment today.

But above all else, THANK YOU to all those that have served!
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Jr. Apprentice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle Cross for Micheal.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	52214

My son's "battle cross" and some of his brothers.. 02/24/08. I will go and visit with him in the next couple of days, I miss him so much

I was planning on heading up to my cousins and redo the plumbing so she could move back into her house, but thankfully someone else helped her. I was not looking forward to fighting the traffic. Guess I will put up my pool. I will send a big thank you out to all fellow veterans out there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battle Cross for Micheal.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	52214

My son's "battle cross" and some of his brothers.. 02/24/08. I will go and visit with him in the next couple of days, I miss him so much
    Very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what that's like. Blessing to you and your family, if that was the date then it's now been over five years, but that's probably minutes at times and decades at others.

I spent a few minutes looking at your blog, I'm sure that others who have gone through a similar story with you have taken comfort in you putting time into that site. https://agoldstardad.wordpress.com/

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what that's like. Blessing to you and your family, if that was the date then it's now been over five years, but that's probably minutes at times and decades at others.

I spent a few minutes looking at your blog, I'm sure that others who have gone through a similar story with you have taken comfort in you putting time into that site. https://agoldstardad.wordpress.com/
    The reason for the blog at first was personal.. but also to try to explain what the process is like. The path is different for everyone, there are no instruction books and there are no rules. Thanks for taking a moment to read a bit. The blogs of course are "backwards" so getting to the "front" takes going to the back.. if that makes any sense whatsoever

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Steve for starting this and sharing his thoughts along with all the kind words from those who have posted so far. It sure is different today than when I came back from VN in '69! And I'm happy to see the change!!

At restaurant that I rarely frequent.

An unknown (to me) waitress viewed my shirt that had a USMC logo on it.

As soon as she viewed logo she came up to me and hugged and stated "thank you".

Much appreciated.