GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Gotta have it, Make it stop

Taking an idea from one of my wifes favorite shows and putting my own spin on it
    Post truck trends and a short note why you want it to continue/make a come back or why it should stay/go into history.

Let me kick it off.
    Stacks on pick-up trucks, they had their time, dont get me wrong "Little Red Dodge trucks" were probably one of the coolest factory offered trucks built and a lot of that was the twin smoke stacks.
    But that day has come and gone and the present crop of stacks look like a chrome plated garbage can bolted in the middle of the truck bed, I mean really how useful is the bed now that the front part of the bed has a huge pipe sticking through it?

Please stop the piles of stickers on the back windows of trucks -- from the sticker of Calvin urinating on something, to the Browning deer sticker, to the Ducks Unlimited sticker, to the Mossy Oak sticker, and far beyond to the stickers of all the various mods under one's hood, bed, or roof (which, by the way, just say 'steal me'). This fad is Retarded (with a capital 'R') and is just plain tacky. It's akin to placing large numbers of pink flamingos, concrete angels, bird baths, and lawn gnomes randomly all over one's yard ... except it's placement of a crap-ton of stickers on one's back window, instead.

A couple carefully placed stickers/logos on the back window is one thing ... and is tasteful. However, a back window with more stickers on it than a two dollar whore has tricks on a nickel night ... is not.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-25-2013 at 09:16 PM.

stick on fender vents!

fools no-one! gaudy crap.....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Jr. Apprentice

I like what you posted SurrealOne. I've been involved in various NHRA events for a long time. I could probably suck down some contingency money if I'd put a few stickers on. I don't. Mainly because my current cars have plates on them. I don't want kiddos coming along side and "smoking me" on the road. I'm not going to play with them. They want to mash it and say they beat a race car, great. With the short gears I'm running, I tool down the freeway at 60 to get as far as my fuel cell will get me. Without the stickers, they just look over and see some old fart in an old car putting along. Will my car pull 120 MPH quicker than they can tell what happened? Yes. But that is just plain stupid. They have the cheapest Chinese tires on that 5.0 Mustang that were available. Keep being stupid kids! But be alive! CJ PS: I put lots of stickers on the trailer I pull my race car to the track in. Funny how no matter what they're driving, they respect that.

Heres a "Gotta Have it".
    Certain antique trucks (or cars) on late model chassis with late model drive trains.
    Most 4x4's look great (as long as it isnt a 67 Camero or something like that on a 4x4 chassis) and almost all sedans, station wagons, and coupe's look awesum built up with late model running gear.

A friend of mine just finished his 1962 Chevy Suburban on a 2012 Caddy Escalade chassis with a 6ltr Supercharged power plant, sounds great, rides great, and looks like a classic.

Make it stop...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	52243
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Bring It Back/ Gotta have it.

Straight Axles, simple interiors, & tough trucks

Make It Stop.

Camo Wraps or Do it yourself camo
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Gotta Have It:

Make It Stop:
    • TPMS on trucks (annoying a hell when you air down for mud, sand, snow)
    • AFM (just plain annoying)