GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default DFW Texas looking for new career?

I recently was approved to higher 2 new employees for my service center, 1 position is filled but I'm having a hard time finding quality applicants to fill the second position so I thought I'd give a shout out here.

The position:
    Driver/Technician I

Description of duties and expectations:
    Drive (locally Fort Worth and surrounding area) and deliver rental medical equipment to hospitals. Repair, clean, test, modify, and certify equipment. Customer service interaction with nursing staff. Troubleshoot and repair onsite equipment. Process rental orders. Computer familiarity required. And general shop housekeeping duties.

The company provides and maintains 30" late model box trucks to deliver rental beds, respirators, defibrlators, O2 Concentrators, and other assorted medical equipment. All equipment is mobile (mounted on wheels or has delivery cart provided). Some equipment weighs as much as 2000lbs so you will need to be somewhat physically fit. You do work around patients, if your squeemish or have issues with wounds, missing limbs, blood, or incontinent persons this isnt a position for you.
    All new hire training is provided by our home office (you would need to be flown at company expense to our home office for a one month training course). Follow on training is available and highly encouraged but not mandatory. Follow on training can be conducted on site or at the home office depending on course taken and will be voluntary (required if you wish to advance in the company).

The Company:
    An American owned and operated company thats been in operation for over 80 years manufacturing, selling, renting, and repairing medical equipment. The largest company in the world in the medical field manufacturing, servicing, and renting hospital equipment. All rental equipment is manufactured by our company in the U.S.A. We do not outsource any parts or service overseas. We have service centers in 58 countries and at least two service centers in every state.

Pay and Benefits:
    Start pay $15.25 per hour
    3 weeks paid vacation per year after the first year (first years vacation prorated depending on month hired).
    Company stock buy in through paycheck.
    Full medical and Dental with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
    Life insurance provided optional rider for spouse and children.
    Company provided shirts, $100 annual allowance for pants, $150 annual allowance for safety shoes.
    Advancement depends on abilities. You can train and take advancement skills tests as soon as six months on the job. Normal advancement pay raises average $2.50 per hour.
    All middle and upper level management are advanced through the company. Only personnel hired on are at the Tech I level.

Please P.M. me if your interested

Tim

Why couldnt this job be up my way. Sounds like a great job. Have you tried volunteer fire departments?
    2008 Silverado_ Gone
    2006 HHR LT
    2008 Cobalt LT
    2001 Sonoma Gone
    2009 Cobalt XFE

Quote Originally Posted by RatRod View Post
    Why couldnt this job be up my way. Sounds like a great job. Have you tried volunteer fire departments?
    Didnt try Volunteer FD's, did try the Resources office at the local Navy base.
    I know were a little far for ya to commute but heres our Carreer site. Were an International company and we have offices in most major cities. Maybe theres something there for you.
    http://www.hill-romcareers.com/hill-...earchjobs.aspx

awesome....the nursing school I work for ha plenty plenty of your products LOL. If I were in the area, I'd certainly consider the job.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage