GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default ABS light and brake light on.

I Have A 2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4 And The ABS And Brake Light On The Dash Come On After About A Minute Of Driving. I Have No Grinding Or Any Other Noises While Driving. I Believe Its Just A Bad Sensor For The Hub Assembly. Is It Possible To Replace Just The Sensor Or Easier To Replace The Whole Hub Assembly? Is There Any Way To See If Its A Recalled Part? Any Help Is Appreciated. Thanks In Advance.

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. A 2001 is probably due for Hub assembly anyway. Mine is a 2002 and I had to replace the right front. Good luck man.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section as this will help in getting more response/opinions related to your topic.

Not sure if you'll find this info helpful, but I have a 2008 which does the same thing occasionally (when it happens, it's usually when I hit highway speeds). It started happening after I increased my tire size and used a programmer to set my computer accordingly. Last I heard, this happens regularly with the NNBS but not sure about your year truck.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

@mfleetwood, It happened to me, too, after upsizing my tire size on my NBS truck. I had to play around with my handheld programmer to find a tire size that it would accept without turning on both idiot lights. I talked to Lew about it and he said GM vehicles are finicky about tire sizes and simply to keep tweaking it until I found one that worked.

If it still happens to you, on occasion, you might need to continue to play with it to find a size that's near the mark ... without causing the issue.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @mfleetwood, It happened to me, too, after upsizing my tire size on my NBS truck. I had to play around with my handheld programmer to find a tire size that it would accept without turning on both idiot lights. I talked to Lew about it and he said GM vehicles are finicky about tire sizes and simply to keep tweaking it until I found one that worked.

If it still happens to you, on occasion, you might need to continue to play with it to find a size that's near the mark ... without causing the issue.
    Cool..thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals