Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsboy87 View Post
Hey guys new on here this is the first forum that i have been part of. I have a question about towing and wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problems that i am having with my truck. I have a 2008 chevy silverado regular cab with the 4.8l v8 and i am having a problem when i tow my boat. Now this isnt a big bay boat or anything its a 16' aluminum jon boat that might weigh 1600 lbs at the most. i have noticed that when i am crusing at 70mph at about 1800rpms the truck will down shift and the rpms shoots up to 3000 rpms and this is on flat highways around the houston texas area. i have also noticed that the transmition temp goes from about 165f to around 195f. Is this a major problem? When i bought the truck i didnt get the towing package could this be why i am having trouble also? and the truck does the same thing when it is empty going through the texas hill country. Thanks in advance
Did your truck come with the towing package(cooler, hitch, wiring harness)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnettamb View Post
How do yal know the temp of your transmissions?
The transmission temp can be gotten from the DIC. Seeing as you have a 4.3L, I think you have a W/T and the DIC is there, you just need to get the DIC buttons.