GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default A/C problem. Need help.

The compressor comes on but no air blows out the vents @ a stand still. Now, when I'm driving on the hwy or @ a good amount of speed. I get some air blowing out the vent...... I checked the fuses & tried changing out the resistor. I looked to change the fan motor but, I'm not sure that i want to do that without being 100% that it's the fan motor... My other thought would be maybe my freon is low?

if your refridgerant is low it won't blow. trying getting a can and adding to it, the autoparts store can help you out
    89 chevy stepside off road
    03 suburban Z71
    03 Yukon SLT

Sound advice. I'd recommend getting the kind with the dye in it, because if it's low, it went somwhere ... and if (when) it gets low, again, the dye will help you find that somewhere.

Sr. Engineer

The OP said compressor was running but not blowing, whatever that means. If compressor is running then refrigerant charge is not likely a problem. I suspect it is the interior blower that is not working for him and Freon has no bearing on its operation. Get a volt meter or test light and see if you have power to the blower when switched on. If so, replace the blower motor if not, start working back from there.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

@ dpeter, it has power to the blower motor.. I'm going to change out the motor. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dpeter View Post
    The OP said compressor was running but not blowing, whatever that means. If compressor is running then refrigerant charge is not likely a problem. I suspect it is the interior blower that is not working for him and Freon has no bearing on its operation. Get a volt meter or test light and see if you have power to the blower when switched on. If so, replace the blower motor if not, start working back from there.
    This is what I am thinking as well.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member