GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just out of curiosity earlier this afternoon while I was driving my 2011 Silverado that I cancelled the XM subscription on about a year ago I tuned into some XM channels and found all of them to still be working, a quick check showed I still get all channels.
    I havnt paid for XM in over a year, and havent listened to it in closer to 18 months.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

You are getting 60 Ch's for free for 2 weeks..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

And why would that be?
    Makes me suspicious cause nothins free, you always pay one way or another.

They frequently do free channel previews to try to entice people who have the radios installed from the factory but not activated to sign up. Since it's 1-way broadcast traffic and servicing additional customers doesn't cost them more, it works.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Blog Entries

Hmmm...no wonder I keep getting messages on my DIC telling me what's playing on which channel and to call a 800 # to resubscribe. I called Sirius/XM twice to have them stop sending me the signal as I do not not have my factory radio any longer and I am tired of having their promotional messages take up space on my DIC, especially when I'm out 4 wheeling and using my tranny temp and TPMS often. They keep telling me they'll stop sending the messages but they just keep on coming. Anyone know how to get this stop?

Other than that, I am under the first year free subscription on my other vehicle and I do use it quite often...not only for music and other entertainment stations but also because it interacts with my navigation system for traffic (which is very accurate by the way), lists nearby gas prices, and other non-entertainment features. I'll probably pay for when my free trial ends as I have saved a ton of time and gas by avoiding traffic delays and saved money at the pump by going the nearest (or on my route) and least expensive gas stations. I'm sure it'll pay for itself....but if they don't stop sending me promotional messages to my truck I may just get frustrated enough to never do business with them at all.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Hmmmm
    I have it set up so they send me a monthly bill-and I send them a check
    None of that automatically charging my bank acct or credit card
    Had that done before-and it is tough to get them to stop billing-subtracting.
    Good to know I can get them to extend the $28 for 6 months
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Hmmmm
    I have it set up so they send me a monthly bill-and I send them a check
    None of that automatically charging my bank acct or credit card
    Had that done before-and it is tough to get them to stop billing-subtracting.
    Good to know I can get them to extend the $28 for 6 months
    I got a letter from them 6 months for $14.00!! So, ask for it. They should do it for you if not threaten to cancel.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

After fighting with them I settle for $25 for 6 months..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Mechanic

If you get a good discount it's worth it. However, if you listen to the same channels long enough you will hear lots of repetition.

It's not worth the 200.00 plus full price.

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    If you get a good discount it's worth it. However, if you listen to the same channels long enough you will hear lots of repetition.

It's not worth the 200.00 plus full price.
    I agree! I read above that there was a free preview for 2 weeks. So, I turned it on today just to check. It was working. I flipped to the comedy channel that I often listened to when I had the free subscription. In the 40 minutes that I was driving, I heard one new skit! All the others I had already heard on siruis in the past. I noticed on the 3 comedy channels they would rotate a lot of the same content.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast