GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Sat Radio -love it or Hate it? Customer service??? Please READ!!!--=

First off I am writing this and Forwarding it to all the Corp people I can at Sirius/XM. So if you are going to write or post up here please be polite .....

Anyway I have been a dealer and user of Sirius for over 15 years.. I have always paid $25.00 for 6 months (in my eyes thats all it's worth) Every 6 months they bill me anywhere from $86.00-$128.00 and I have to call them to have them lower it..Most times you have to ALWAYS talk to a Supervisor in the Socalled Call center where they Bearly understand English or speak it.. Very HARD to talk with.. After talking to them and saying that if you CAN't give me the $25 for 6 months that you have been EMAILING me about for the past 6 weeks then Cancel my Sub. Well after being switched from one person to another for 20 mins they do it.. When all the first person has to do is hit 2 keys on the computer infront of them..

Anyway last week when I did the same thing I do every 6 months they asked me if there was anything else they could do?? I said Yes my unit (SV4) has been cutting off every time I hit a bump so they told me they would send me a new SIRIUS unit in about 2 weeks Got it in 3 days. YAY!!! BUT they sent me a XM unit ONYX which will not do. PLUS the Car kit will not work with my Panavise holder.

Ok this is where the fun begins..

Called 1 Told them right away I wanted a Supervisor After going through the same thing with name address and phone # they sent me to someone who wanted to send a signal.. I had to tell them 3!!! times that I do NOT have XM that I have Sirius And they should know that from the Computer and my ACCT sitting infront of their FACE!!!I got hung up on 3 times and switched over to 10 people in 45 mins..

And they wounder WHY people HATE them?????? The Call center SUCKS!!!!! I called the Corp office in NYC and still got switched to the call center.

To Sirius It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE THIS IS HOW YOU KEEP PEOPLE AND YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

Here is one link I found looking for Corp..

http://www.corporateofficeowl.com/Si...orate%20Office
    There is so much more... I will be forwarding this to who ever I can hopefully it will get to the right people..

You see for me they say if you get Good customer service you tell 1-4 people If you get BAD customer service you TELL 8-10 people Me I tell 100+ people
    Maybe they will listen.......MAYBE!!!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Hmmm
    I just signed up for Sat Radio again-been off it since last trip in 2008-which is the last time we had any spare $$.
    I use a Roady-XM DELPHI ?? Sirius "was" the other brand when I last had it.

called 800# I found online
    got an english 1st language person
    she said she wouls start sending "start up signal" in 1/2 hr-giving me time to get my roady-and the fake tape I put in the cassette ready-and the antenna
    Plugged it in cranked up the burb-and voila-sat radio in time for our June 30 jULY 8TH road trip to Flagstaff.
    I also can and have hooked it up inside to a boom box-works great
    But we never did the "give me the better rate deal" since we would just cancel it until we took another trip-

Yeah I had good luck-no ESL call person.Just $28.11 for 6 months
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend

You been lucky...

All I gotta say is thanks to GM for adding the USB input to the stereo system. I can download my own music to a flash drive (16G for $8.00, or so) and don't have to worry about being gouged for dozens (hundreds?) of Sirius/XM stations I never listened to. Good riddance.
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

I had Sirius in a truck I bought last fall to use as a tow vehicle, 2005 Silverado Dually LTZ 4x4 Diesel.
    Since the purpose of my tow vehicles is to travel around Texas where theres lots of wide open spaces and spotty or non-existant radio station coverage I thought Sirius would be great for this truck so I decided to continue/transfer the subscription the PO had on the truck, after attempting to talk to a non-english speaking customer service rep for 15 minutes, and getting repeated refusals to speak with a manager I finally decided I didnt need the hassle and could live with carrying a case full of CD's so I just requested they cancel the subscription and leave me alone. 6 months later Im still receiving bothersome emails for a service Ill never use unless the company changes their practice and begins hiring customer service reps that actually speak non accented english and not just a few canned phrases designed to get them by. They gladly take my payment, how about actually giving me proper respect and proper services on everything I paid for.

A year's Sirius subscription came with a vehicle I purchased new off the showroom floor in 2006. I enjoyed sat radio so much I didn't wait for my year to be up; I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius (which was $399 at the time). The lifetime subscription isn't advertised, anymore, but as of last year when I bought my mother a new Sirius radio for integration/use with the stereo system my family has on its dock, I know it was still available -- because I asked about it. The price had gone up ($499) ... which is still a very good long-term deal if you like sat radio, want all channels/options, and don't change radios often. (There's a 75ish clam fee each time you change radios, and you can only do it so many times.)

As a lifetime subscriber, my customer service has always been top notch. I don't know if I've been lucky or if I get some special treatment, but I've always had native English speakers when I called. (Consider, though, that I'm highly technical, so I don't call often.)

Now my MOTHER, on the other hand, had a huge issue. You see, she told me she wanted Sirius for the dock, so that's what I got her. But she had XM in her vehicle. Because the company is now Sirius XM, she didn't understand/know there was a difference. And, well, I had the device delivered, had installed it, all was good, and then when she goes to add the Sirius device to her XM account is where the fun began -- because you can't.

Despite the companies becoming one entity years ago, there are two completely separate account systems for Sirius and XM devices. There's no unified panel to manage both sets of devices ... which is a huge pain for users like my mom (who now has both). And consider that she's elderly ... meaning use of a computer and the web isn't something she does instinctively, and it's a nightmare. Then layer in that everytime SHE called support she got someone from India with an accent thicker than Mississipi mud. Well, HOURS after trying to get the activation done ... we got it done.

To be fair, had she known the difference between Sirius and XM and specified she wanted XM, initially, it'd have been easy. But on the flip side, if the company would unify its end-user control panel AND its internal accounting/management system for the devices, it'd have all been moot.
    @Enkeiavalanche, all I can really say is that if you don't like Sirius XM, well, you can go back to terrestrial radio.

Legend

No Thanks.. Hate Commercials and Dj's who talk and think they are funny.. When I put the radio on in a car I want to hear nothing but Music.. And NOT over played music...

I had a free three month subscription to sirius when I bought my 2005. It was ok. But, I would not spend the money monthly on it. I listened to the comedy channels often. I heard the same thing every 3 days or so. Not worth it in my opinion. Sure, there are tons of music channels. I still did not find much value in the service. Now, my wife's van had the option to have internet radio (pandora) installed. That would have been nice. Then the system can learn my listening habits and play things that they think that I would like

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Wow

I was a lucky SOB-GOT THE ONLY English First Language customer service rep
    and my 9 year old roady works just fine-
    and my fake cassette tape "thing" also works fine-always surprised something with a wire hanging off the back like that actually works.

TBPLUS10- I got it again for EXACTLY that reason-by 11pm June 30 I expect to be sitting at that rest stop on Hy 287 near Childress.We will have been one the road for 775 miles-330miles in Louisiana and 445 miles crossing TX
    We'll wake up 5am July 1 -be on the road by5:30 am-walk dog use rest room- guzzle cold coffee hit road-
    we'll then do 735 miles across TX NM AZ hitting Flagstaff AZ by 7pm their time-
    Lotta middle of nowhere in your state NM and AZ-
    Sat radio with that old time radio station"The Shadow -Orson Wells"+ late at night I like to listen the crazy talk radio guys-the space aliens abductions anal probes etc-keep me entertained
    Sure hope I don't end up calling Triple A-1998 223,000 miles-lotta time lotta miles-but the Suburban is running very well-literally never misses-gets very good around town mpg-15.5mpg on a 421 mile tank (27 gallons well short of the 44 it holds)recently(wife didn't drive it-never get better than 11-12 mpg if she puts miles miles on it)
    so it is running well
    I'll take that route thru DFW you suggested-really happy to avoid I-635 ring road-miserable drivers on that expressway-rest of TX has pretty decent drivers-not I-635!!
    CHARLIE

I guess I'm the only happy Sirius customer here. I've had it for about 5 years now and happily pay the $15 a month for the service. Granted, I'd always like to pay less, but the $.50 a day I pay is definitely worth it considering I listen to the radio at least 2 hours a day. I did once call them to cancel the service when I was low on cash, but the rep offered me a good price for 6 months so I stayed.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by