GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unfortunately, the comedy channels do not have a lot of base content to go off of. There's only so many comedians out there that produce content, and an even smaller fraction that are willing to license their content to be aired by Sirius. So, you get a lot of repetition. The music-only channels and of course talk radio have a pretty good selection of content to listen to. You do hear the same songs if you listen several hours a day because they play what's currently popular, but it's the same way with terrestrial radio, and Sirius has a larger library of content to go off of.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Right I noticed that -repeats-in just the few days we listen to it-trips.

But like I said-late at night I usually tune in one of those goofy channels-the ones crazy space alien abductees call into-Nouri/ maybe is the host's name??
    He isn't a nut-but the call in folks have some odd ideas-very entertaining
    I listen to sports radio Mike and Mike etc
    But in june july it will be slim pickings- mid season baseball not too great if you don't care about the teams
    Nascar entertaining-but mid season not as entertaining as when they are fighting for the chase positions

Pikey-I am a cheapskate and $14 is better than $28- but safe bet this time I would get stuck with a ESL call center person.
    Thanks
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    First off I am writing this and Forwarding it to all the Corp people I can at Sirius/XM. So if you are going to write or post up here please be polite .....

Anyway I have been a dealer and user of Sirius for over 15 years.. I have always paid $25.00 for 6 months (in my eyes thats all it's worth) !!
    I wish I had seen this a week ago, I just re-newed mine online for the 9.99 a month semi-annual plan. Funny thing was they only gave me 5 months for around 54 something and change. Yeah I will say their customer service sucks and the reps. do not know English. I chatted with one through the website and could not get a simple answer on why a semi-annual plan is only 5 months long. I asked that exact question and I got "would you like me to activate your radio now" ugghhh. Needless to say I was quite negative on the survey I was asked to fill out after my question never got answered. So come Nov. 1st (5 months from now) im cancelling unless I get a $50 one year deal.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    I wish I had seen this a week ago, I just re-newed mine online for the 9.99 a month semi-annual plan. Funny thing was they only gave me 5 months for around 54 something and change. Yeah I will say their customer service sucks and the reps. do not know English. I chatted with one through the website and could not get a simple answer on why a semi-annual plan is only 5 months long. I asked that exact question and I got "would you like me to activate your radio now" ugghhh. Needless to say I was quite negative on the survey I was asked to fill out after my question never got answered. So come Nov. 1st (5 months from now) im cancelling unless I get a $50 one year deal.

Call them back and tell them you want to Cancel!!! Unless they lower it to $25.00 for 6 months. I met Carrol Miller the other day and had a great Chat with her She is a Very well known DJ on Sirius and in the US and NYC I talked to her about the OVER Playing of Music and she told me It's the Programers.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0288.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	52615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1691.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	52616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0120.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	52617
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I love the service, but hate the way they do business. As @SurrealOne pointed out, they cannot combine accounts between Sirius and XM. My wife had Sirius and bought the speaker to use at the house, but then cancelled her account for the car. Since I have XM in the truck I thought we could add the home dock to my account, but no go. I also considered getting a satellite radio for the boat, but am not about to setup an account with Sirius and pay full price for both.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Legend

Well I do have to say I have 1 portable unit that goes everywhere I want it My truck hard wired to a input The truck I drive down to MD I mount a RF unit in and in the house I have a cradle hooked up
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Again, I also love the service.

unlike paid TV, I actually listened to a good percentage of different stations on satellite. Sometimes comedy, sometimes news, sometimes sports, sometimes talk radio, sometimes 80s, sometimes 90s...

so the variety of different types of music is pretty interesting. I also got hit hard with one of their bills for $100more than I thought it should be for 6 months, but I called in and play that little game and a lowered it and gave me some extra stuff.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

My Roady works EVERYWHERE-one price
    I just hook it up to the Suburban using the fake cassette to "capture" my vehicle "sound system"
    and hook it up to a boom box-which has a white and a red female plug-so its sound can be captured
    Have separate aerials and separate power cords- but otherwise plug and play

Carrol Miller ??-UP ALL NIGHT(the book in picture) -isn't that the Nouri (George??) show with the people who have been captured by space aliens??
    Love that show late at night!!
    She Carrol is wasted on radio-she has a TV ready face?? Never heard of her-but I'll dial her in this time?
    Will I get her on my XM DELPHI ROADY??
    Is that you-Avalanche?? Bet your wife didn't like that picture??
    Charlie PS She is wasted on radio!!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend

On Sirius she is on Ch 25 and 26, She is in the Radio Hall of Fame She is Very well known in the Rock world and Music.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/carol...-in-roc,85273/

http://www.q1043.com/pages/onair/carolmiller.html

Former Member

I had XM a long time before the SiriusXM merger, which I cannot believe the FCC allowed...not like its a monopoly or anything. Loved the fact you could travel cross country and rarely have an interruption. I liked XM's lineup, they played what I actually listened to at the time.

Once the merger happened, Sirius jacked around the channels without warning, cancelled almost all of the XM channels for the Sirius counterparts. Sirius was supposed to freeze all the current XM subscribers accounts and keep them at their going rate for a year as part of the merger agreement...within the first month they jacked my rate up on all three of my XM units...however, a buddy of mine had Sirius, had only had it a short time before the merger, and his bill remained the same (which was lower than what they were trying to charge me). I called about the increase, they stated that because I had multiple receivers they COULD in fact charge me a higher rate per unit...I went through a batch of people (including "supervisors"), which did no good. I finally got fed up and said "cancel it"...the response? "Why would you want to do that?" Really? Were you part of this conversation?

They continued to try to bill me for almost a year afterwards...I wrote cancelled subscription on the bill and called several times. Each time I was assured it had "been taken care of". I wouldn't have a satellite receiver/subscription if it was free...I don't care if it was the last radio on the planet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast