GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Lift?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wmjbailey View Post
    Looks Good .. if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for the lift? Ive been looking for one for my 03 HD and can't find much that doesn't cost an arm and a leg..
    Mine was not cheap at $2500, but average for installed. As mentioned before in this post that installing the lift yourself will probaly save you $700 in labor. I had price quotes from 2 different places and Les Schwab Tires was the cheapest for the 6" Tuff Country and they warranty the parts and installation and even do a re-torque and re-alignment for free after 1000 miles. You might even look into a leveing kit for your HD and would be able to run 33's on it for under $500 w/shocks.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Something about that yellow is really different. It makes your truck really unique. I should get the code off of it and paint mine that colour. (Since your in Washington)

My crib was yellow...lead based yellow...thats where I became mildly retarded, Damn

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Jr. Mechanic

That is one very nice truck, I like it a bunch.
    2013 Sierra Crew Cab.
    Bob.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RVJ View Post
    That is one very nice truck, I like it a bunch.
    Thanks! And see, lot's of chrome right down to the door handles (bought it new from the dealer with the custom trim package and brushguard/lights, wheels combo) and I installed the billet fuel door.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    Something about that yellow is really different. It makes your truck really unique. I should get the code off of it and paint mine that colour. (Since your in Washington)

My crib was yellow...lead based yellow...thats where I became mildly retarded, Damn
    Thanks Jamie.
    I have never seen another like it. I am a member of one of the biggest GM diesel websites out there and have only seen one other yellow diesel but it was an aftermarket paint job where as mine is a factory special order color. My color yellow is a pale color yellow like a 60's musclecar color. Here is the aftermarket yellow which looks like a Corvette yellow. Damn nice truck though!

Darcy
    Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by dwill3015 View Post
    Mine was not cheap at $2500, but average for installed. As mentioned before in this post that installing the lift yourself will probaly save you $700 in labor. I had price quotes from 2 different places and Les Schwab Tires was the cheapest for the 6" Tuff Country and they warranty the parts and installation and even do a re-torque and re-alignment for free after 1000 miles. You might even look into a leveing kit for your HD and would be able to run 33's on it for under $500 w/shocks.

yeah shwab can be a bit pricey but they do good work, if i couldnt go to discount i would go to les shwab over any other place anyday. i have heard good things about the toyos also, hopefully you like them. every once in a while we have a set come in usually 35s, which are kinda a pain to mount up and are very heavy but they do look awesome!

i agree i think the yellow makes the truck... that is a rare color i have not seen many of those like yours
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Legend

I've always said your yellow paint was a nice departure from the normal yellows you see today.

So Darcy, you going to give up the paint code, or will it remain "ancient chinese secret"??? lol

Oh yeah, HOLY CRUD! I'm back! Heaven help you all
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post
    I've always said your yellow paint was a nice departure from the normal yellows you see today.

So Darcy, you going to give up the paint code, or will it remain "ancient chinese secret"??? lol

Oh yeah, HOLY CRUD! I'm back! Heaven help you all

Here is a link to the site where a guy from GM decoded my VIN and bulid sheet and it appears my paint code is "5IC". You be the judge.
    Darcy
    Washington State

Ya see Corvette yellow doesn't do anything for me at all. That pale yellow is still "Da-bomb". What colour is the interior, Darc? I've never seen your interior. Can we see some pictures? Mine is blue so it would be a bitch to change it all to grey.

BTW Patrick kicks ass and takes names.....

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast