GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New from MS

Welcome to the site! Love to see good engine mods being done!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Stock -cast pistons- stock cast crank??
    25psi- 1.6 OVER ATMOSPHERE??
    Is BIG TIME for a spark motor that isn't a race motor.
    The aftermarket turbo kits from 10 years back usually had some sort of programing that RARELY let them get over 10 psi-2/3 atm- despite making HP claims "double hp" that implied 15psi and more.

So you buddy lunched his engine-11.3 126mph- wow!! back in 1980 when the first 1100 Suzuki came out-it was baddest stock bike around- IT WOULD DO 11.3 !!
    His 5000 lb truck doing 11.3 with a bolt on kit is really something!!

Yeah if you-he lose the cooling and anti detonation effect of methanol-BOOM!!
    In WW2 some Heavily boosted German fighters had methanol and water boost for high boost giving short bursts of acceleration -USA fighters might have had it also.

12.4 AND 115 was what a 750 mc would do 1980(stock) and it seemed FAST!! The 1000's would do high 11's-the 1100 Suzuki 11.3-not sure what the 6 cyl Honda would do-close to the 1100 Suzuki-fast!!

You have a fast truck-and it looks AWFULLY GOOD to be called ole half worn out looking-
    hey if it is such a worn out POS you should sell it to me for $3000???280,000 miles-heck I'm probability overpaying!!
    Ha,ha
    Didn't think so
    Charlie

Yea bone stock 2004 LQ4 6.0L. It has a isky 215/215 .561/.561 114LSA +3* adv ground in. Isky valve springs. Br7ef ngk spark plugs
    And a 2BAR MAP from a colbalt SS. Tuned with EFI Live. 2bar open loop speed density.
    These engines are silly strong! Got a couple friends with cammed LQ4 with LS9 head gaskets and ARP head studs, at ~22psi he makes 1050hp to the wheels. Another that does 950 @20psi.
    Heck theres a stocm LR4 4.8 with a cam and big turbo in south carolina that put down 919rwhp/880rwtq and he runs 10.1's in a RC 2wd silverado. With a 35shot to get the turbo spooling haha. These LS engines are awesome. It just needs a quality turbo thats the right size and they will do 1000+hp and last quite awhile if the tune is dialed in.
    -Jonathan
    2000 ECSB Silverado 2WD
    LQ4 with Isky 215 Turbo Cam
    4L80E KB Racing S475 Turbo Kit

Yo man this is chevyk1500. Your truck is sharp as hell.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

those 5.3's
    they have plain jane cast pistons right-not forged pistons?
    plain cast iron cranks-not forged steel?
    and folks put 900 HP thru them

GM offers a bolt in 383E stroker that can replace my 5.7-makes 340 hp vs 255-drop right in(except the trans isn't rated for 435 lb ft)
    but it has a forged crank-and 4 bolt mains
    Cheap too-$4800 dropped at my curb just 35 feet from my doorstep.
    If my 5.7 ever dies- 223,000 miles-absolutely no sign it is even tired-gets 21 mpg hy-leaks a little oil but doesn't use any oil- has good acceleration also-seems quick to me-but other car is a Prius,so....
    In any case if it ever dies-I will be REALLY REALLY tempted to get that drop in GM performance motor with an actual warranty
    I will probably die before it does

In any case-GREAT TRUCK!!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Yes all the LSx engines have hypereutectic pistons, and cast cranks.

If i had a old body style and my engine died, i would have surely went with a newer engine. you could do a 4.8 and a turbo charger and have twice the power easy for 4800$.

4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 with a 4L80E and turbo.. its the perfect combo :D

That's a pretty impressive truck. What a sleeper and a half...lol Thanks for joining the forum, it's great to have you here.

Tony

Thanks!!

i forgot about my buddys car in missouri.. its a 2001 camaro with a LQ9 which is the higher compression 6.0. On E85 he made something like 1300 to the wheels. he bumped it up a lil more to 28psi and it put down low 1400 but had a fuel injector that got mad and didnt play well. So it compressed a few rods and he pulled that motor and put a LQ4 in it. now with the new lq4 its sitting around 1200 to the wheels. It is rediclous on the highway with a 28" slick and a powerglide it will murder them tires.

- - - Updated - - -

and it looks so factory :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12