GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Newbie intro

Default Newbie intro

Joe the New guy here trying to fix a few things that have crept up on the old girl.

Here is my 05 XL we have owned it since 08 with 52,000 miles on it and it now has 163,000 on the clock. Looking to fix the rear suspension if it can be reasonably done. It's a nice riding rig but it has had a few costly fixes too. Thankful for extended warranty!! Tranny, front diff, electrical, 2-3 shift solenoid, alternator, steering problems as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3326886848.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	52785

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-720636550.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	52786

Welcome to GMTC!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Welcome. I'm really diggin the wheels. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    Welcome. I'm really diggin the wheels. Greg
    Incubus poltergeist wheels. They look great at night when lights hit the machine surface and chrome caps. They cost me $560 shipped to my door. BBwheelsonline.

Man, $560 is a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    Man, $560 is a great price.
    That's why I bought them! They stay clean real well. I need to get some center caps that I can paint or powder coat so the Midwest salt in winter doesn't turn them into rusty chrome. I put grease on them last year for winter and that did the trick.

I'm with you on that one. Prior to moving to New Mexico I lived the last 4 years in Kansas and the weather just tore my rims up. The wheels themselves look pretty decent actually, but the center cap and lugnuts are all rusted pretty good...