GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

tailgating before the football game!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	55318

Now sporting the site sticker that @Sierraowner5.3 gave me. Looks great thank you Alex.

Also turned up the torsion keys and will be getting tires rotated and an alignment done. Front passenger side is looking pretty bad on the outside tread. Also trying to get rid of that gm sideways lean n

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

welp, finally got off my butt, pictures!

first, my new black billet grill. Was originally for a HD, but a little creative hacksaw work and I got it done. wasnt sure about it at first, but its growing on me.
    whats that under the hood you may ask? AirAid Modular intake tube. Made a difference in throttle respose imo, and the added intake growl was worth it alone.

last is the tekonsha P2 brake controller I bought for the 6x14 enclosed trailer I bought last month to move home with.

last is glamour shot from work :-D

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130930_172930.jpg   20130930_172951.jpg   20130930_173117.jpg   20130922_191822.jpg   20130926_131136.jpg  

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

installed my shiny new edge CS insight monitor
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

I have ordered a ceramic clear coat that I can apply like a wax that comes with a 2 year warranty that is too good to live up to it's name, such that it is used on multi million dollar yachts and jet airplanes to protect the paint and finish against any type of weather and salt water.

I am testing it on my old beat up truck before I decide to invest in it for the truck I will be ordering next year.

Apparently the ceramic coating it strong enough that pebbles will bounce instead of chip paint, and rain is enough to wash the truck..... no more car washes.... but we will see.... (again too good to be true).

Quote Originally Posted by PantheraUncia View Post
    I have ordered a ceramic clear coat that I can apply like a wax that comes with a 2 year warranty that is too good to live up to it's name, such that it is used on multi million dollar yachts and jet airplanes to protect the paint and finish against any type of weather and salt water.

I am testing it on my old beat up truck before I decide to invest in it for the truck I will be ordering next year.

Apparently the ceramic coating it strong enough that pebbles will bounce instead of chip paint, and rain is enough to wash the truck..... no more car washes.... but we will see.... (again too good to be true).
    what is is called? Opti-coat?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    what is is called? Opti-coat?
    Never heard of Opti-coat, so I looked it up, the stuff I ordered looks similar to their high end product with "un-limited" durability.

I am not going to mention the name until I get the product and test it out. It started out as being a protectant for yachts and then I heard about it being used to protect private jets and then saw some pictures where they used it on harleys and a porsche or 2.

I figured I would try it out and see if it really works. I can't be applied to glass, I am also looking for a similar "permanent" replacement for rain x for the windshield (that only has to be applied once every few years).

Quote Originally Posted by PantheraUncia View Post
    Never heard of Opti-coat, so I looked it up, the stuff I ordered looks similar to their high end product with "un-limited" durability.

I am not going to mention the name until I get the product and test it out. It started out as being a protectant for yachts and then I heard about it being used to protect private jets and then saw some pictures where they used it on harleys and a porsche or 2.

I figured I would try it out and see if it really works. I can't be applied to glass, I am also looking for a similar "permanent" replacement for rain x for the windshield (that only has to be applied once every few years).
    Darn you!! I need to know this info . Some people say that I drive a land yacht, that should count for something! I think that trico makes a windshield product that is supposed to last a year

- - - Updated - - -

nope. It lasts 6 months

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Darn you!! I need to know this info . Some people say that I drive a land yacht, that should count for something! I think that trico makes a windshield product that is supposed to last a year

- - - Updated - - -

nope. It lasts 6 months
    If it makes you feel better Pikey, this is just a test.... I was looking a 1/4" thick ballistic grade ceramic coatings for the new truck ( but I may only need that if I am traveling through Detroit )

Technology is beginning to do some interesting things.

Ordered my Bilstein shocks from @AutoAnything today. They gave me a great deal! http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...695#post582695

I am glad that they did. I did not want to order from ShockWarehouse again after the guy started screaming at me on the phone when I called them to tell them that they shipped me the 4th leaking rear shock for a customers Durango. Somehow they thought it was my fault when I opened a box that was soaked in oil and found the shocks leaking at the rod seal. You would figure that if a box is covered in oil they would inspect the contents before shipping it out. (4 times)
    Last edited by Pikey; 10-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast