GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    did the alternator a few months back, would have just replaced both idler and tensioner, but unfortunately rockauto sent me TWO idler pulleys.... so gotta get that exchanged for my belt tensioner, then thats next on my list. but i have an squeaking noise AND a horrible whine when idling or driving, so im really hoping itll fix it
    I ended up just replacing the entire tensioner. I could have gotten the bearings for around $5 from my former workplace and just changed them out, but as always I was in a rush. I was also getting a whine from my new power steering pump. It drove me crazy, plus when it was cold in the morning it would make a high pitched "squeal" but it was not the belt or pulley, it was fluid moving passed something in the system, it only did it turning left. So, I added this to it Lubegard 20404 Universal Power Steering Fluid Protectant. The noise stopped within a day and no more whine.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I ended up just replacing the entire tensioner. I could have gotten the bearings for around $5 from my former workplace and just changed them out, but as always I was in a rush. I was also getting a whine from my new power steering pump. It drove me crazy, plus when it was cold in the morning it would make a high pitched "squeal" but it was not the belt or pulley, it was fluid moving passed something in the system, it only did it turning left. So, I added this to it Lubegard 20404 Universal Power Steering Fluid Protectant. The noise stopped within a day and no more whine.
    thats the plan for me too, not just the pulley, the entire tensioner, actually though my whine has nothing to do with my steering geometry, i do not think my truck has ever had the power steering fluid flushed in its life..... thats on my to do list as well, but gotta look up some details so i dont mess it up.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    thats the plan for me too, not just the pulley, the entire tensioner, actually though my whine has nothing to do with my steering geometry, i do not think my truck has ever had the power steering fluid flushed in its life..... thats on my to do list as well, but gotta look up some details so i dont mess it up.
    If you know someone that can hook you up at a quick oil change place, that is the way to go for the ps flush in my opinion. I took mine to my nephew who runs one of those places. He has a machine that has a long hose with another hose attached about half the length of the long one. He put the hose down into the reservoir, the long tube pumps new fluid in while the short tube lines up with the return line on the side of the reservoir. The short tube sucks old returning fluid into the machine and the long hose pumps new fluid in. He had me turn the wheel a few times during the process. I think that i had him run about 2 gallons thru my system.
    I have done it myself by disconnecting the return line and putting it into a bucket. Then I just kept pouring fluid in the reservoir as it pumped out. i had someone inside turning the wheel. You just need to watch that you do not let the fluid get low enough that it starts to foam.

Painted frame. Don't care for it so the bed is coming off and going to do it right tomorrow. Cleaned exhaust and cut above the rear end to dump under the bed.
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Thought about mine today! lol!
    Excuse the rust..I USE my truck.

"No matter how beat up or rusty a chevy is, no truck will ever look as good goin down the road wearin that bowtie!"

I looked at mine! Lol
    Chuckie!!!

I took of my side trim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131202_150128.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	56821Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131201_141116.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	56820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PicsArt_1386042814556.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	56819
    haulin ass wastin gas

Going to be doing an oil change and fuel filter change on my truck today.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Installed a new set of fog lights on the truck and cleaned my lights. Will be trying to check the alignment on the lights tonight.

I had hazardous duty today, last minute errands for Christmas, and wound up dodging as best as one can, the falling ice from the over head power lines, I still took a couple of hits, I would have rather fought my way thru a store full of elderly blue haired ninja shoppers. lol.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)