GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... Last Post byLast Post by

In the process of changing my dash lights to blue LED. have everything done but the cluster at this point. very time consuming project as every one has to be un-soldered and redone. HVAC control was the hardest one. had like 11 bulbs in it. Also just received my black Z71 genuine GM decals but that will have to wait for warmer weather and a clean truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Ordered my personalized vanity plates from the New York State DMV today.. the plate is going to say "PHANTOM"
    I couldn't believe it was available.. Gonna be nice since we have to have the darn things..

Nice ride @Rocketmanh5. We have a similiar look going on with our trucks..
    Thank ya yours too. And if I could get the plate I want just to have it and hold but its already gone here in LA... "outtatime"
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD

Well tore out my stock headlights to put in the new modded ones I put together in. I have to wait on another ring now since 3 led's seem to have decided not to work. Which means baking the lenses off again. But heres a few pics of the start of the process.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0307141819.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	58197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0307141928.jpg 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	58198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0307141928a.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	58200Also waiting on a couple extension cables to get the center stripe lit up..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0307141927.jpg 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	58199

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

@the phantom What color are those LEDs? Red or amber? Aren't red lights on the front of any vehicle other than emergency vehicles illegal?

My front end project is turning into a PITA:

- My grille finally showed up today and it has black tar-like gunk on it that is very difficult to get off.
    - The bowtie socket is not quite the same shape as the bowtie insert I have (WTF?) and there are some noticeable gaps.
    - My first attempt at wrapping the bowtie in color-matched vinyl looks like crap once put in the grille so I have to redo it and by redo it I mean order another vinyl wrap.
    - I pulled my new head lamps completely out of the box/packaging to hold them up to the grille to see what it will look like and I see one my new headlamp housings is broken so now that has to be returned/exchanged.

I have very little patience and this is all very frustrating...
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

5. Likes the phantom liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    @the phantom What color are those LEDs? Red or amber? Aren't red lights on the front of any vehicle other than emergency vehicles illegal?
    They are color changing Halo's, they can be blue, green red or white and fade to all colors in between.. Yes you are correct. they are illegal IF you have them on going down the road...These are for off-road use or in my case "show" use only..I have them on a seperate toggle. Although If I select them white I believe they would be legal since some cars come factory with them white.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0131142038.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	58201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0131142038a.jpg 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	58202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0131142038d.jpg 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	58203

7. Likes McClintoc liked this post

OK cool, that color changing is awesome!

booked appointment yesterday to have gm 2 way advanced remote start installed this coming friday

nothing major. but over the weekend added an Extang solid fold tool box tonneau cover. fits real nice behind the tool box. so pumped not to have to tarp and strap any luggage on road trips anymore.

where did everyone get those awesome led rings and is it possible to get them in housings already installed?

They are color changing Halo's, they can be blue, green red or white and fade to all colors in between.. Yes you are correct. they are illegal IF you have them on going down the road...These are for off-road use or in my case "show" use only..I have them on a seperate toggle. Although If I select them white I believe they would be legal since some cars come factory with them white.

Those look freaking awesome! Nice work!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I'm ready to do mine. I just have to order new headlights to start over with. Sort of super sealed mine.. plus a few scratches in the lenses.