GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I removed the tailgate emblem using fishing line then put on a aluminum black powder coated one to replace it and did the same in the front. Wednesday is Recon red smoked LED tail lights with LED reverse bulbs and a smoked LED 3rd brake light.

I should have read the How To article on debadging first... one of those eraser wheels would have saved me 45 minutes and not ripped apart my finger tips.

Removed the plast dip from my silverado rim. Tried to trace the shorts I have in my turn signals. No luck with that but did figure out my horn problem. As for the 65. Cleaned it up and took into the local car meet. Tomorrow after work I'm gunna try and remember to take pictures of my 87 mug bogger build I started this weekend
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Intake gaskets are bought from RockAuto. Hoping this fixes my rough idle issue.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

Bought the fluids for my T-case and front diff, then I spend an hour under the truck inspecting things and checking for damage or leaks. Everything looks good from what I can tell.

I hope more keep posting in here!

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Yoou could have at least spelled it right:

What have you done to your GM truck today? Part 2
    That is funny.............

- - - Updated - - -

I have done a few mods lately and I promised you all pictures so here they are. I will post a couple on this post with a link to the new album. Let me know what you think.

Link to Album: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...?albumid=22608

New Cowl Induction Hood
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Truck pics 6-2013 011TC.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	52991

New Michelin Latitudes

Name:	New Truck pics 6-2013 037TC.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	52992

New Escalade Gauge Cluster

Name:	New Gauges 007rs.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	52993

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Took the phantom to the stealership yesterday because my dash told me to "service tire pressure monitoring system" Also the key fob would not work or be acknowledged by the truck. This happened one day a few weeks ago and then never happened again until yesterday so I drove it right to there. Well it appears that the 3rd brake light that I replaced with the smoked out one was leaking water and found its way to the module that controls these things. Luckily there was a service bulletin on the stock brake light having the same problem so they covered it. Im glad I hadn't seen what that bill would have been it took them almost 3 hours to fix it plus the cost of a new module. I remember when I put the smoked light in that the original seal and the new one was not of a very good quality. The mechanic that fixed it managed to gob silicone all around it including on my roof, tried wiping it off only smearing it and also never cleaned his hands when opening both drivers side doors leaving grease behind. Man I hate other people working on my stuff!!!
    You could try using denatured alcohol

- - - Updated - - -

well I posted a question on this site, after lunch I will take the fuel rail and injectors out, then hope I can figure out TDC
    ............need a smily for being totally Confuzzeled

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    That is funny.............

- - - Updated - - -

I have done a few mods lately and I promised you all pictures so here they are. I will post a couple on this post with a link to the new album. Let me know what you think.

Link to Album: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...?albumid=22608

New Cowl Induction Hood

Name:	New Truck pics 6-2013 011TC.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	52991

New Michelin Latitudes

Name:	New Truck pics 6-2013 037TC.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	52992

New Escalade Gauge Cluster

Name:	New Gauges 007rs.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	52993
    the mods look great

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was actually earlier this week, but I did an oil change. Then decided to to a front end inspection. Expected to find the ball joints to be worn as with the angle they are at on the uppers I figure they will wear fast. Good news is they are fine . Bad news is the passenger side hub bearing is going bad. I replaced the drivers side a couple years ago. At the time I was just going to replace both sets of bearings, until I found out it is a sealed unit with abs, studs etc. for the small cost of around $200 for the parts (each hub). Well needless to say at the time I said since the passenger side was fine it wasn't getting replaced. But now the time has come .
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Jr. Apprentice

This weekend I replaced the driver's power window motor, got the cigarette lighter working (blown fuse), reattached one of the license plate lights and reattached the window switch panel on the driver's door.
    Mike
    2003 Suburban LT
    2WD, 5.3L Flex Fuel

Finished my suspension upgrades... Installed readylift UCA kit, readlift leveling kit/torsion keys and two inch blocks in the rear. All in all added two inches in the front and with about a 1.5 rake in the back... I did it this way to maintain good towing characteristics. I am happy with the results... will post pictures later.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Intakes gaskets were replaced on Saturday and now the truck runs great. No more rough idle. I also replaced the trans filter and fluid in our 05 Grand Prix yesterday.