GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I installed new inner and outer tie rod ends, rear u joints, idler arm, and idler arm bracket. I would have done the pitman arm but, no one can find one. I tried to have it replaced when they did the gear box under warranty. I can't remember if I have the 3 spline or 4 spline. Whichever one it is, Napa, autozone, o'reilly's, car quest and advanced all show it in their system as unavailable! I will take it in the morning for an alignment. It took me about 4.5 hours total to do it. That includes a trip to the autoparts store that decided to lock their door 10 minutes early! the guy looked at me thru the glass and kept doing what he was doing. I will be discussing that with one of the three managers that I know there when they reopen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Installed a Fitch fuel catalyst... hoping it will ensure quality fuel and ensure 93 octane is 93 octane.
    Any updates on the results from your install? Better MPG?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Installed a Fitch fuel catalyst... hoping it will ensure quality fuel and ensure 93 octane is 93 octane.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I installed new inner and outer tie rod ends, rear u joints, idler arm, and idler arm bracket. I would have done tan arm but, no one can find one. I tried to have it replaced when they did the gear box under warranty. I can't remember if I have the 3 spline or 4 spline. Whichever one it is, Napa, autozone, o'reilly's, car quest and advanced all show it in their system as unavailable! I will take it in the morning for an alignment. It took me about 4.5 hours total to do it. That includes a trip to the autoparts store that decided to lock their door 10 minutes early! the guy looked at me thru the glass and kept doing what he was doing. I will be discussing that with one of the three managers that I know there when they reopen.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I am still doing my tests... so far I am noticing about 1 mpg... not really much. But it is running cleaner at the tailpipe... less ccarbone Buildup. I have also noticed a smoother idle... and that annoying tick I had which I thought was related to loffers is gone. My thoughts are that it is doing what I anticipated... by refreshing the quality of the fuel. I will post more once I've run it a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Readied my truck one step closer for winter... applied fluid film to the underside, insides of doors, rocker panels, fenders, tailgate, etc. Next week looking buff and seal the paint and should be ready.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Cleaned her tires with some carpet clean that has oxy clean in it (mostly for the white letters) and they cleaned up nicely. Other than that I've just been driving her around. Don't have a real place to do the work I want to do to her.

Also noticed the headlight housing is cracked and has separated from the adjustment screws causing them to point down where I can barely see in front of me. Thinking about getting some stock Yukon or sierra Denali headlights with the projector lens to put on.

Washed, liquid clay bar application, and then ice polish.

Washed it for the first time in probably a couple months
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Tried to figure out where i'm losing oil. Its either from the right side of the oil pan or where the filter screws into (Can someone help me with a proper name?). It could be from somewhere higher and trickled down, but thats where I started.
    -K&N Air Filter

*** Lengthy Post Warning w/ PICS! ***

So two weekends ago I did some work on my truck. I had several tasks to accomplish and made a few threads about them here and there. Here are the end results.

1) Got my horn fixed. From the day I bought it, I thought it always sounded weak. Through some research, I find there are supposed to be two tones from the horn: the high and the low. Once I got under the truck (the horns are each behind the front bumper at each corner, just in front of the front tires) I found that I physically had both horns but only the low town was working. The high tone was easy to get to on the passenger side and I replaced it. Now I have a more robust horn with both tones. No pics.

2) Replaced engine belts, tensioners, upgraded alternator and installed an AirAid Modular Intake Tube (MIT). The belts were OE from the factory and made it over 150,000 miles. I replaced them (2) and both tensioners. That task was easier than I thought it would be. The air intake tube and the 105A alternator were also both OE from the factory and both were replaced. I had to remove the air intake tube to get to the belts so I got an AirAid MIT to throw in there and then upgraded the alternator to a new 145A unit. In the future, I'll be adding some electrical components such as more lights and a stereo amp and sub. I went head and upgraded the alternator so I would only have to mess with the belts once.

New MIT and alternator

3) Replaced front wheel hub/bearing assemblies and replaced/upgraded the front brakes. For a few months now, my truck had been making these horrible screeching and grinding noises as it rolled. I had replaced the brake pads about a year ago so I didn't think it was the brakes. I figured, at more than 150,000 miles, the bearings were going out. I went ahead and ordered some new bearing/hub assemblies, brake rotors, pads and a Daystar 2" leveling kit.

Replacing the bearing/hub assemblies and the brakes were all quite easy. None of my bolts were seized and everything came out and went in quickly and like it should. The leveling kit was a pain the A**! Turns out, the spring compression tool I borrowed from Autozone was the wrong one. They gave me a McPherson Strut compression tool and I needed a coil spring compressor. My dad and I could not get the leveling kit in for the life of us. But, we didn't know any better until we returned the compression tool. Sure enough, Autozone had a coil spring compressor like we needed but the idiot gave us the McPherson tool even though I told him what vehicle I was working on. I had never used a spring compressor so I didn't know any better. In the end, I did NOT get my leveling kit done but I still have it and now I know better. :P

New hub/bearing from Moog

New rotor - Duralast Gold Severe Duty

All put back together

Now for the PSA: check your brakes!!

Turns out, my hub/bearings were NOT the problem. It was my brakes!! Some time after I replaced my pads a year or so ago, right front brake threw a pad - the inner one. It eventually wore down my brake rotor with all the metal on metal contact. It even fused the rotor to the hub/bearing assembly! Check out the aftermath...

The right side (the inner side) of this rotor should be as thick as the left side

This is that worn side

The old front pads. The pair on the left is the front passenger side and the second from the left is the back plate that lost its pad.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

just gt the new fuel harness hooked up, hope to get the new turbo oil lines installed this weekend and maybe get a few dyno pulls in the next few weeks :0
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installed a set of "Mega Blast" air horns to make towing on the Cross Bronx Expressway a bit more...."enjoyable".

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".

Performance parts leveling kit. Before and after pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	55066

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... Last Post byLast Post by