GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Ok, the last thread was just too big with nearly 2400 replies. Start over here.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...GM-truck-today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	235350d1322191592-beware-chuck-norris-gamers-chuck-norris-here.jpg 
Views:	1228 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	52793

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

2. Likes motonerd liked this post

Oh this is gonna confuse people for a little bit.

On the other hand, I havent done anything to the truck today.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I be first to post something Done on my truck.

Today I finished the switch install into my new panel and checked its fitment and it looks amazing. Now I just need to seal the two halves and it'll be done!! Also I'm getting use to using my OBDII adapter it works amazingly. I just don't full understand some of the measurements like F/T% for the O2 sensors. and g/s for the MAF maybe a more tech savy person like @Pikey can help me out with that

Name:	IMG_20130607_123635.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	52802Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130607_123413.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	52803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130607_123416.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	52804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130607_123615.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	52805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130607_123617.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	52806

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

F/T% is fuel trim %. G/s for maf is an unit of measurement Grams/Sec. I found this explanation of fuel trim:

Fuel trim is just as it sounds. It "trims" the mixture by adjusting the injector pulse width. Short term fuel trim is immediate adjustments and long term is as it sounds. You must add long term and short term to calculate total trim. This is important because if long term trim is 6% and short term trim is -3%, then total fuel trim is actually 3%.

Fuel trim is calculated mainly based upon O2 sensor readings, but many other sensors are involved in the computer's complex calculations.

if trim is positive, the ecm is adding fuel to the mixture, and if trim is negative, the ecm is subtracting fuel. If you see a trim which is about 15% or -15%, there is likely a problem, something like a vacuum leak or misfire. A fuel trim which is highly positive may indicate the ecms attempt to correct a lean conditions, and a higly negative trim is an attempt to correct for a rich condition. The ecm can only correct for a certain amount, then the check engine light will come on. This usually happens at about 20%-25%

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

6. Thanks Conlan Rose thanked for this post

Thank you very much for that info @Pikey. These were the readings I was getting at idle once the truck was at temp today. For the MAF I just needed units because g can mean g's as gravities in the acceleration unit, g as in gallons in mpg, or g as in grams like it seems to be.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-06-20-05-18.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	52807

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Yoou could have at least spelled it right:

What have you done to your GM truck today? Part 2

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Took the phantom to the stealership yesterday because my dash told me to "service tire pressure monitoring system" Also the key fob would not work or be acknowledged by the truck. This happened one day a few weeks ago and then never happened again until yesterday so I drove it right to there. Well it appears that the 3rd brake light that I replaced with the smoked out one was leaking water and found its way to the module that controls these things. Luckily there was a service bulletin on the stock brake light having the same problem so they covered it. Im glad I hadn't seen what that bill would have been it took them almost 3 hours to fix it plus the cost of a new module. I remember when I put the smoked light in that the original seal and the new one was not of a very good quality. The mechanic that fixed it managed to gob silicone all around it including on my roof, tried wiping it off only smearing it and also never cleaned his hands when opening both drivers side doors leaving grease behind. Man I hate other people working on my stuff!!!
    You could try using denatured alcohol

- - - Updated - - -

well I posted a question on this site, after lunch I will take the fuel rail and injectors out, then hope I can figure out TDC
    ............need a smily for being totally Confuzzeled

Installed new spyder LED taillights...
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

rotated and balanced my tires! got about 20K on my nitto terra grapplers and I must say, they are wearin great!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Replaced the right front hub on my truck today. Still need to get to the power steering pump eventually.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast