GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Got the oil changed yesterday.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

just installed a black bug deflector on the front end of my truck. never really liked them that much but I gotta say, I like how the nose looks a little more closed in. my bumper, headlights, grille, n rims are all black so the deflector deffinately looks like it belongs there. will post pics up soon

Started early to beat the heat, rotated my tires, changed the engine oil, changed the trans fluid, and flushed the cooling system.
    Tonight after work I plan to flush the brake system and change the r/r diff lube.

Jr. Apprentice

I change spark plugs and wires. Didn't intend to do that but after trying to a plug and have the wire come apart, it ended up being a tune up. The wires on this engine, and they were AC/Delco wires, were the hardest wires I've ever seen to get to come off the plugs. They had been changed as had the plugs but they did not want to come off. Ended up breaking three of the eight. I've worked on Chevy's for more than 30 years and these were the hardest wires I've ever run into to take off.

But it's done and the truck seems to run better now so it was worth it. I went back with all OEM parts so things should be good.
    Mike
    2003 Suburban LT
    2WD, 5.3L Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    I change spark plugs and wires. Didn't intend to do that but after trying to a plug and have the wire come apart, it ended up being a tune up. The wires on this engine, and they were AC/Delco wires, were the hardest wires I've ever seen to get to come off the plugs. They had been changed as had the plugs but they did not want to come off. Ended up breaking three of the eight. I've worked on Chevy's for more than 30 years and these were the hardest wires I've ever run into to take off.

But it's done and the truck seems to run better now so it was worth it. I went back with all OEM parts so things should be good.
    I have changed the plugs on my truck twice now. The first time I did it was my first time ever changing plugs (and was severals years prior to joining GMTC ) so I had little knowledge of what I was doing and didn't know what to expect. I broke two or three wires in the process and had to go back to the auto parts store to get a set of wires.The second time around, abou six months ago, I went ahead and purchased a new set wires when I purchased the new plugs, figuring, from my previous experience, that I would break some.

Did a fluid change. Oil. Front and rear diff, and tranny. Also did a coolant flush. Most people think I'm crazy about how much I change fluids but my truck is used and abused so I'd rather keep it all fresh. I dropped the pan on the trans and I had hardly any metal on the magnet so I was very happy. Dropped it off at my friends detail place and go a full buff and wax. They clean the engine bay and all. Hoping to sell it tomorrow but I think the guy is wanting to try and low ball me. If he does ill tell him his got a deal but the bumper is coming back with me
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Checked and filled as needed all the vitals for the truck. Not sure why I'm getting a tick on startup when the truck has high quality dexos1 approved oil and a Delco filter. The oil is right at the perfect level in the hash marks. Truck also keeps getting a mis on startup if I let it sit for a few days its always cylinder 2.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Jr. Apprentice

I removed the drivers door from it's hinges because the hinge pins that the door floats on had loosened up for the previous owner and he never bothered to fix it so the door sagged pretty badly. I got the pins tightened up and sprayed it all with wd-40 and then put half a can of Sea Foam in the half full tank and sucked the other half through the vacuum line. Just giving it some time to work it's magic before I drive it around and blast it out the exhaust. Hoping to get some AmsOil oil and filter this week and run some Sea Foam in the oil for a few days then change the oil over to the AmsOil product because I have heard great things about it and since the truck has 185k on it already I want to keep it running good.
    Master Mason E.F.W. Ellis Lodge #633 Rockford, Il A.F.&A.M. Independent Amsoil Dealer

'04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab WT

Helped some friends cart loads of stone across town. Building an awesome fire pit...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0802.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	53311
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Jr. Apprentice

That pit is going to be huge, but it already looks great