GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Got the rear shocks in fedex today. The fronts probably will not arrive till monday or tuesday. I ordered new moog spring insulators for the rear springs from a local parts store. I figure if I am putting new spring on I might as well change those out also. Now I just have to resist the urge to install the rear shocks and springs before the fronts arrive. Oh and sell my oem headlight housings that I have had on CL for a month to finish covering the cost of my suspension upgrades.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	55446

Got my parking lights in from my parents in the mail today. Also I buffed them out and I put gas in the truck. She's overdue for a big wash and wax. Also in recent and more exciting news I also am in the process of asking my girlfriend's grandparents for her hand in marriage. Wish me luck!

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I installed my Bilstein shocks and coil springs today. Wow, between the shocks and the hellwig anti sway bars (I moved the rear to the second hole on the sway bar) my truck has almost no body roll on corners. What a difference in handling. There is absolutely no nose diving when braking and the truck stays level when accelerating. Big difference from the monroe reflex I put on the front last year. The rear does ride a little more rough with the new springs and shocks. Good luck @rileyjr16 ! by the way I hope to have that in the mail monday

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I feel kinda lame here, all I did yesterday was a marathon detail and order a set of rear wheel well liners. Lookin to extinguish the bright white light in the rear wells. lol.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

5. Likes rileyjr16 liked this post

Thanks @Pikey can't wait for it to come in. Well. Yesterday I beat the trucks suspension to smitherines (or so it felt to me). Drove about 25 miles to go deer hunting, went down a gravel road full of potholes and thought I blew the whole suspension apart. I didn't and she rides just like she normally does. Probably gonna put her through the same stress today. Steady looking for little things to upgrade to further her life from 254,000 miles to 354,00 miles. But all I'm gonna do is put some go-go juice in her and probably spray her off later if I don't find a touchless automatic.

EDIT: Oh forgot to add the deer part. Shot at a doe yesterday and shot low and short into a stump.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

got my bed lights mounted today, and some time this week going to finish wiring them, as well instal my amp hd sport bed extender

Found my oil leak. Looks like its either rear main seal or oil filter adapter/lines. Maybe even both. Also tried to figure out my electrical problem. Found out it was my new alternator (January). Needless to say, I am very fast at doing alternators now lol. Have done 4 on my truck now, luckily Ive got a lifetime warranty!
    -K&N Air Filter

found my horrible clunking noise! calling the transmission shop tomorrow morning!

also, since i was out there finally removed a ton of wires leftover from when i had all my lights on the front end
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 10-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

rotated and balanced the tires, put some more petrol in it.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

got my loose transmission mount replaced and fixed, also found the problem with my electric fans...
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR