GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Okay, I'm back. Conlan I hope you do well. Keep us posted on how classes are working out by stopping by here once in awhile. Curky you're next!
    Last edited by Goldie; 01-13-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: misspelling

Just popping in to say hi.

go ahead Curky
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.
    55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

55W 10000K HID High Beams (just to remind the wonderful citizens of Hampton that their High Beams are on)

Jason - I like the way you stated this!! I drive a lot of rural county roads and at night it very possible to meet a deer or several at close range. Along with folk who don't know how to dim their lights. So I installed some Slyvania "hot" lights (type escapes me now). Then I adjusted the lights up and wired them so the low beams stay on when I have my brights on. When I was starting to get flashed pretty regularly with just the low beams on I readjusted the lights down about 1/2 turn. I still can see very well and when I have to remind someon to dim their high beams it usually only takes a flash or two. Seems to work very well! Curky jump in here now!

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post

Jason - I like the way you stated this!! I drive a lot of rural county roads and at night it very possible to meet a deer or several at close range. Along with folk who don't know how to dim their lights. So I installed some Slyvania "hot" lights (type escapes me now). Then I adjusted the lights up and wired them so the low beams stay on when I have my brights on. When I was starting to get flashed pretty regularly with just the low beams on I readjusted the lights down about 1/2 turn. I still can see very well and when I have to remind someon to dim their high beams it usually only takes a flash or two. Seems to work very well! Curky jump in here now!
    Jumping in here real quick, but I burn retina's with them. Flashed them at a cop once. he flashed his lights at me. idiot had his high beams on. I just like being able to see 2 miles down the road.
    @Curky @Goldie Where you at!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Camaro69car; 01-16-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    2012 Chevy Captiva Sport LT V6 (The Spanish Prison)

MODS:

Cobra 19 Ultra II CB and some generic CB antenna.

Upcoming mods:

[_] Exhaust [_]Subwoofers [_]More HID's [_]LED's [_]MORE LIGHTS!!! [_]Carr Light Bar w/ 3 or 4 in round off-road lights. [_]Black out Badges [_]Black out exhaust tips [_]Black out imitation skid plates on front and rear [_]Hopefully find a way to keep fogs, low beams, and high beams on at the same time

Jason

Wandering through and stopped to say hello. Spent a pleasant day in my "Kingdom" otherwise known as my man cave, or as the wife calls it "the shed". Just puttering with odd ball projects and stffing wood into the wood burner to keep warm. I'm going to have a cam put in my truck and should go throught the boxes to check for all the parts. But that can wait until another day.
    Does anyone know where Supply Sgt. is? Haven't seen a post from him in very long time.
    Curky you are now up buddy!

I'm here buddy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    So, I don't know what to do. Well my wife wants me to get ride of my ATV. It needs a topend rebuild. Truly I can afford to keep fixing it even though this should be the last thing to fix. I bought it for $2000. Since it needs a rebuild I'll get probably $600 for it. She don't want me to ride it. She thinks this one is bad luck for me since I broke my pelvis on it (well on the curb but started on it, lol). She told me she will let me get a hand gun instead and ccw. I have always had guns growing up but, she did not want them in the house with her kid. Keep my 12 gauge though. It has been years since I have owned one.
    I would love to have one, but I love to ride as well. ??? I think i will take the gun opshion and when my truck is payed off in 2 years buy a new ATV. Just come home with it, lmao. Deal with the wrath of her at that time.
    Opinions???
    CR your up
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Curky take the handgun route. Then maybe you can save a little on the side to help with the ATV. Conlan you up next...let us know how your classes are going.

Classes are going fine so far but its only the start of week 2 of classes. Feeling confident so far tho.

Curky next

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

You got me. I just spent 2 hrs doing testing for a job. I think i failed the first test. Math not a problem but I did not know 80% of the words in word comparison part.... WTF. Has nothing to do with the job.
    Goldie next
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Sorry the job search is working against you Curky . Today on the site theres been a lot of Tahoe questions which I love because for once I may know the answer.

I say Camero69car is next

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast