GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default silverado wind noise

has anyone else had a noise that occurs around 70 mph from wind on the passenger side of the windshield?

04 silverado

wondering if anyone knows how to fix it

i get a little on the driver side, not sure if its normal for a little, my other vehicles have done it too so it doesnt really bother me anymore, iv noticed that i get it more when i have a tail wind too so im thinking its the mirror

Do you have a bug deflector? My truck had no issues until I put it on, at which time the "popping" on the windshield began. I have been told that two-sided taped under the top trim on the windshield should take care of it. (Buddy's stepdad is a windshield installer, he suggested the tape)

2007 Silverado LT Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    Dark Metallic Blue

Mods to come, just purchased on 10/31/09

Go Pack Go!

I have the samy annoyance. I do have a bugshield and my windshield was just replaced due to a large piece of debris. It only does it above 70 mph.
    White 2008 Z71 4x4
    Diablosport Predator Programmer
    Flowmaster Exhaust

im not exactly sure where to put the tape

thanks for the feedback though

it goes between the windshield and the upper trim piece that runs along the top of the windshield. The noise is air getting under there. The bugshield changes the airflow over the truck, causing the air to get under there. As far as I am told anyways...

I worked for a Chevy dealer when the 99 silverado and 00 sub/tahoes came out. The windshield trim on the left and right sides of the glass gets air under it with certain speeds and/or crosswind and makes a popping or fluttering noise. If this is what you are hearing if you lift up on the trim on each side and put a bead of black rtv between the trim and glass and let it sit a couple hours the trim will stay adhered to the glass and noise will be gone. Good luck, it worked on my 00 Suburban.

Jon

Are you guys talking about the trim on the interior left and right side, or the exterior weather striping on the right and left side? I have an early 2000 silverado with a bug deflector shield and my windshield makes the rattling noies at freeway speed. It almost sounds like its raining hard, or even hailing

Talking

I guess there are some things that make being over 60 not so bad. I cant' hear all the wind noises and rattles that some people do!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I was told that it was the exterior trim around the top of the windshield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast