GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 08 Silverado door speakers

Has anyone else had to replace their door speakers?

2008 Silverado 3500HD Duramax with less than 9,300 miles on it. Just recently the chime became barely audible which was no big deal until I tried to make a phone call and couldn't hear ON STAR either. Went to the dealer and found that both door speakers had to be replaced. $150.00 later everything is working fine but find it hard to believe that both speakers went bad with less than 9,300 on the truck and the fact that the inside of the doors have never had much exposure to rain, snow, etc. I am a very loyal Chevy owner but currently a very dissatisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by 08silverado3500hd View Post
    Has anyone else had to replace their door speakers?

2008 Silverado 3500HD Duramax with less than 9,300 miles on it. Just recently the chime became barely audible which was no big deal until I tried to make a phone call and couldn't hear ON STAR either. Went to the dealer and found that both door speakers had to be replaced. $150.00 later everything is working fine but find it hard to believe that both speakers went bad with less than 9,300 on the truck and the fact that the inside of the doors have never had much exposure to rain, snow, etc. I am a very loyal Chevy owner but currently a very dissatisfied customer.
    Man, a 2008 with less than 9300 miles??!!!!

As far as door speakers, they are not that hard to replace, you pop the door panels off and replace the speakers.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

100 K on my 08 and the speakers sound fine....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Mine went out at 60k miles...would have never replaced with factory speakers.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Only bought it to tow with. 20 foot cattle trailer several trips a year and 18 foot flat bed moving tractors, equipment, and firewood. 90 Silverado 3500 is still my daily driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have posted before letting the dealer replace them. Center cab marker light went bad last year and the dealer took care of it even though it was past the three year warranty. Ordered the truck in 2007 and got it that Nov.

All four door speakers on my 2008 went out, but not at the same time. Three were replaced under warranty. Cheap crap.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

agree the door panels are not hard to take off. I say get a set of good speakers and do it your self.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -