GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Abs and brake warning lights on & service brake system message but no codes

Hey guys I've got a 3004 gmc sierra 2500hd with the abs and brake warning lights on along with the service braking system message in the dic but no codes active or stored and if you hit clear codes the message goes away but returns with next key cycle. I'm stuck at this point. I've clean the ground under the drivers door on the frame. Brake fluid is also up any ideas cuz I am stumped.

Have you looked at the ABS sensors on the wheels yet?
    These sensors are prone to getting corrosion that affects the signal.
    I believe the fix for that problem is replacement.

Sr. Apprentice

Have not checked them lately but rf is new nd lf was cleaned at that time. Wouldn't it preactivate or set a code?

Legend

Blog Entries

Have you used a programmer to set your tire size, gear ratio, etc.? If so, that may be triggering that particular combination of lights, usually when highway speeds are reached. I know for my 2008 (and other NNBS), it is something that is common when reprogramming. I was told that if you adjust the tire size a step or two larger or smaller, that might keep those lights from coming on.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wildmans92 View Post
    Hey guys I've got a 3004 gmc sierra 2500hd with the abs and brake warning lights on along with the service braking system message in the dic but no codes active or stored and if you hit clear codes the message goes away but returns with next key cycle. I'm stuck at this point. I've clean the ground under the drivers door on the frame. Brake fluid is also up any ideas cuz I am stumped.
    the wheel hubs when they fail cause speed sensor output issues. a new hub with a matched sensor should not be thought of as not the problem. depends on where it was made .

the output of the speed sensors at the hubs need be measured. you must have .35VOLTS AC MINIMUM when rotating the hub by hand at a good rate . a good hub/sensor will put out .5volts or more. this is where to start.

if you can find a shop that has a GM ABS code scanner and post the codes here. then we can give more input to what is going on . the module under the driver seat next to the frame rail may need work/replacing. check codes first before that is messed with.