GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: debadging

Default debadging

ever since i saw my buddies 97 silverado debadged iv wanted to do it to my truck, i think i have everything i need, but im looking for best ways to get the trim peices off the sides and the big chevy sign on the tail gate off. and i have a pinstrip sticker that runs along the bottom of the windows on the sides, since its pretty old i hadnt tried to take it off with a razor blade, should i just work at it little by little till i get the whole thing off with the razor blade?

thanks for the help!

as for the badging and trim just heat them up with a hair dryer or a heat gun and run floss or fishing line behind it and kind of saw it off with the fishing line or floss but take your time... than with the left over glue on the truck just use goo gone or somehting to get it off.... as for the pinstripe I would not use a razorblade as it is most likely going to scratch the paint.... i would just use your fingernails or something and again heating it up may help too
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

get a pinstripe remover to get the adhevsive off. it's a tan rubber wheel that attaches to a screwgun. alot easier and faster than your fingernail.

afterwards spray some 3M adhvesive cleaner (red/white bottle) on it and wipe off.

lastly, you might what to wax where the molding was to make it look uniform.
    2001 ECSB Silverado 1500 Z71 LT
    Black w/grey leather

Tinted windows, de-bagded, Volant Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow true dual exhaust, 4" coil-over lift, 16" American Racing Rims on 33's,
    Autobot decal :fighting0040:OnStar, OEM Tonneau Cover, OEM bedliner, OEM fender flares, 110K miles...

clay bar works best or goo gone
    Death from above

ok sweet, will do. once the truck is finished ill post up some pics. it would take alot of pics if i took them with every thing i changed. but i will let ya know how everything turns out

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    ok sweet, will do. once the truck is finished ill post up some pics. it would take alot of pics if i took them with every thing i changed. but i will let ya know how everything turns out
    Definitely post some pics for us when you get done...
    But you have to make sure you take your time on this kind of stuff or you can really scratch your paint

but im sure you'll be fine
    '08 Black Crew Cab Sierra SLE
    5.3L V8, z71 4x4
    6" Superlift with Billstein shocks all the way around
    35" toyo m/t
    17" KMC XD Hoss wheels
    Straight piped!
    *Coming Soon:
    Billet Grille
    EDGE Evolution Programmer

i have heard they make some platic razor blades that make this stuff really easy, doesn anyone know where i can pick some up?

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    i have heard they make some platic razor blades that make this stuff really easy, doesn anyone know where i can pick some up?
    I did a search on Oreilly's website, and they have a couple different kinds of plastic razor blades, so I'm sure most auto parts stores will carry them or at least be able to order them for you.
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

sweet thanks i didnt think about that

just an updated, decided to steal one of the plastic chizl things from work to see if that might work out, it does a pretty good job, still takes a little while but its getting there, havent had time to work on it the past 2 or 3 days been to tired or had other stuff going hoping to just jump on it one of these nights and finish the hole truck :D
    Last edited by sheep; 06-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.

I tried that goo gone stuff and it didn't really work for me.