GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recommended Xenon Replacement Bulbs?

ok guys, im tired of my factory lights. I want some super whites or ones with a slight blue tint to them, but I want to replace my factory 9006 bulbs. If you guys could shoot me some recommendations as to what brand and what model because im looking for ones that are noticeably brighter than stock and have a good life to them. also any sites that you recommend would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT Crew Cab, 5.3L, Z71, Bose Sound System, Dual Catback Flowmasters Exhaust, Sun Roof, Tinted Tail Lights and Third Brake Light. Matching Paint Front Grill and Emblem Maine, USA.

I had the PIAA extreme white bulbs in my last yukon xl. I really liked them. now I am running HIR 9011 bulbs. They are not super white, but they are bright.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I've had the Sylvania Zxe's in my 08 for the past 2 years Love them.. They are about to come out in H3's for fog lights I have a pair on the way and will be putting them in my Whitenight system... watch for a review soon..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Subbed, as I have been wanting the same thing. Although my OE bulbs still haven't burned out after 12 years.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Sr. Apprentice

Hi,Guerrette86841
    HID Xenon bulbs are upgrades for any vehicle and for factory HID headlights.
    The latest of high quality is 6000K,8000K,10000K bulbs will upgrade your factory yellowish whiteHID headlightsto a cool blue/purple beam. HID emits blue light for only 5 minutes after being powered on and changes to a yellow white beam .5 Different Colors of HID Xenon Bulbs are available to ranges from4300K Crystal White, 6000K Aqua Blue, 8000K Deep Blue to 10000K Violet Purple.These HID xenon bulbs will also give good looking to your factory.you should be sure about the right wattage of bulb to meet your need of lighting.