GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Stabilitrak&traction control problem!!!

Alright so having an issues with my 2007 silverado Z71
    I was in bad traffic on the interstate and was stopping and starting and just creeping along. Well I took off one time and got to about 1500 Rpms and the whole truck jolted pretty bad, then my engine light came on and it said service stabilitrak and traction control. Now every time I take off slow from say a red light. It will jolt the truck. It's got 115k miles on it

My truck has some aftermarket things done

Flowmaster exaust
    Spectre cold air intake.
    20" rims & big tires

Please help me figure out what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by MLouis View Post
    Alright so having an issues with my 2007 silverado Z71
    I was in bad traffic on the interstate and was stopping and starting and just creeping along. Well I took off one time and got to about 1500 Rpms and the whole truck jolted pretty bad, then my engine light came on and it said service stabilitrak and traction control. Now every time I take off slow from say a red light. It will jolt the truck. It's got 115k miles on it

My truck has some aftermarket things done

Flowmaster exaust
    Spectre cold air intake.
    20" rims & big tires

Please help me figure out what to do!
    Did you try and disable Stabilitrak and traction control? I'm not sure about the 2007 models, but on my 2013 you hold the TC button for ~10 seconds.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

I have no exp with stabilitrak or traccontrol, but what he describes sounds a lot like a bad torque converter. I will be interested in finding out what it is.
    Las Vegas, NV...2001 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Stepside X-cab, 171,000 miles, 5.3, cat-back duals, leveling kit, 3.73, 17" rims, more to come...

I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 4.3L, This past March 2013 with a bit over 52,000 miles on the Odometer. While on my road trip to a horse fair my truck started to display "Service Stabilitrak", "Service Traction Control", "Engine Power Is Reduced" Check Engine Light on, Traction Control Light On. My top speed dropped to approx. 40 mph and she ran poorly at idle, transmission shifted really hard/acted erratic. I limped it to a Chevy Dealer in Springfield, IL where I was at the time. They hook up a scan tool and found codes P2135 and P0121. They traced the issue to a faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). They replaced the sensor, reprogrammed the ECM and reset the idle speed. That fixed the problem, now I have a bit over 60,000 miles and that issue never returned, nor have I had any other issues with my truck. GM has been having issues with this TPS sensor and they use the same sensor on many different engines. They fail at random millage and cause this issue, the new TPS is a redesigned version to eliminate this issue.

When the TPS fails it causes these issues, Per the service adviser Since the sensor failed the PCM uses signals from the throttle pedal and I think feed back from the throttle motor to now control the throttle. Reason for reduced power is just to keep the truck from speeding out of control if the throttle were to go wide open. Also this allows you to drive to a safe area, rather then get stuck on the side of the road. Like when mine failed I was in the middle of no where and it was cold and snowing. It cost me $257 to fix and I thank Friendly Chevrolet in Springfield, IL for the great service taking care of me and out of state'r on a crappy snowy day, showing up unexpectedly. Hope this helps you.

I had a similiar issue which turned out to be chafing/shorting wires behind the power adjustable brake pedal assembly.

Charlie
    XS ive1:(^^^)
    2008 Silverado Crew LTZ Southern Comfort conversion
    SoCo cat back duals
    Volant CAI
    6" Pro-Comp lift
    ARE cap with Yakima rack system (winter)
    GM Hard tri-fold tonneau (summer)
    GM rear wheel liners

XS ive2:(avatar)
    2014 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Z71 6.6 DMax/Allison
    6.5" BDS 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LineX/wheel liners/OEM tube steps/sunroof/slider/mirrors/Nav/cablights/trifold tonneau

Getting the toys to the track with a 2007 Roadmaster 7X12 V-Nose 7k tandem "Mobile Man Cave".