GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by timtom64b View Post
    been busy... Stuff with the kids. Good news though... Finally installing some suspension upgrades tomorrow... Hopefully i can get them all done.

- - - updated - - -

been busy... Stuff with the kids. Good news though... Finally installing some suspension upgrades tomorrow... Hopefully i can get them all done.

lolwut? ......
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Busy working, daytime job has employee issues causing me to work 10 hr days with most days spent out of town adding to my commute.
    Nighttime job (my own buisness) is doing the normal summer ramp up.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Been busy... stuff with the kids. Good news though... finally installing some suspension upgrades tomorrow... hopefully I can get them all done.

- - - Updated - - -

Been busy... stuff with the kids. Good news though... finally installing some suspension upgrades tomorrow... hopefully I can get them all done.
    good luck, what did you get? Or do we all have to wait to see?lol

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Busy working, daytime job has employee issues causing me to work 10 hr days with most days spent out of town adding to my commute.
    Nighttime job (my own buisness) is doing the normal summer ramp up.
    that sucks but at the same time getting paid is a great thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see everyone stop by here and say something. next time I'll bring the drinks. Lol
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I've been real busy and have only been able to pop in and out, which I guess is why I didn't realize there was Steve/surrealone issue. Hopefully it's not a permaban and he comes back as he will be missed.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

5. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

I've been extremely busy for the last couple weeks. I chose to leave my long time job working for the family business. This has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make. There is a lot of stress, worries about resentment, and guilt that goes along with doing so, but ultimately I have to do what is best for me and my family. I absolutely love to do what I do, but was just not happy leaving for work in the morning any more. This is the first time I have been unemployed in 13 years and it's a really scary thing for me. I have been starting my days at 4:30AM, commuting about an hour or more to keep myself busy and some money coming in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I have an meeting set up with a local business owner in the same field for 7AM Monday morning.

Congrats Pikey!!!!!

Looking forward to having some more free time soon!
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

@FrigginNoodles , you do have to do what is best for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck with the job interview Monday.

Thanks @Curky. Definitely a struggle, but I'm keeping my head up and the wife has been here supporting my decisions 100%

We don't publicly discuss moderation actions on this site that involve actual users.

I hope the fact that we let posts like this stay up and open on the site would speak volumes towards the ways and the means by which this site is managed.

Now, as to why content creation is slow ... This happens at the beginning of every summer. Right when the days are long and schools are out and people begin to take their vacations. Should last maybe another couple of weeks I would speculate based on past trends.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

10. Thanks Goldie thanked for this post

I finished my suspension upgrades today... I installed ReadyLIFT UCA kit, ReadyLIft leveling kit and two inch blocks for the rear. Still have to schedule an alignment this week. I am really happy with the result... got me additional 2 inches in the front. I installed the two inch blocks to keep a little rake for towing.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

12. Likes ChevyFan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    I finished my suspension upgrades today... I installed ReadyLIFT UCA kit, ReadyLIft leveling kit and two inch blocks for the rear. Still have to schedule an alignment this week. I am really happy with the result... got me additional 2 inches in the front. I installed the two inch blocks to keep a little rake for towing.
    Photos? Nice.