GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

When I need to go for a drive to relax I take like going down the one 2lane road by my firehouse, it goes through the woods and ends at the water. Its only a 30mph zone so its a mid-speed relaxing cruise and not to many cars so I can drive how I want.
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Master Mechanic

i just like to go on unmaintained logging roads, enjoy the outdoors and see the mountains, i went to mount baker today down hwy 542 and drove down some really awesome roads with some awesome scenery, flushed a few grouse too.

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

Quote Originally Posted by 383man View Post
    i just like to go on unmaintained logging roads, enjoy the outdoors and see the mountains, i went to mount baker today down hwy 542 and drove down some really awesome roads with some awesome scenery, flushed a few grouse too.
    i wish i had some roads like that around me

Default western roads

A classic road trip is US-89 from Mexico to Canada. It takes you through, or near by: 11 National Parks (Saguaro, Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier) 22 National Monuments; and 3 National Recreation Areas.

A fantastic day trip is Utah's SR-12. A Top-10 National Scenic Byway, it's 122-miles start in Red Canyon, it winds through the northern portion of vibrant Bryce Canyon National Park, Dixie National Forest, past Kodachrome Basin State Park (with its fossilized geysers), through the new Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Escalante Canyons, crosses over aspen-covered Boulder Mountain, and ends up in Torrey, just 5 miles west of Capitol Reef National Park.
    Are we having fun, yet?

A good day trip would be head out to Skyline Drive, run that down with 211 to 33 (these run through George Washington National Forest) west into West Virginia and then take your pick on the back way north. Usually 220 to Smokehole road then some others in the middle. I thinkg Rt 28 and Rt 42 then cut back either on Rt 55 or up to Rt 50 and then Linton Hall Rd to Mt Carmel Rd or River Rd back towards home.
    2008 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4wd LT1 Package with 20" wheel upgrade,K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback Dual Side Exit, Tuff Country 2" Leveling Kit, Blackbear Tune, 6k HIDS Low and High Beams, 3K HID fog lights, LED tailight bar

well the ride i like taking is when we go to orlando i take the back ways 80 to 29 then i4 its a nice ride seeing the country and some little towns sometimes if we get lucky we some deer on side of road. mind you the deer down here is nothing like what some of you guys have up by you our deer are the size of a big dog.and to see one very rare. which makes that ride even more nicer.

I love the mountain road from Pigion Forge Tenn. to Gatlinburg through the Smokey Mountains not sure what the road is.
    anyone live up/around there? we will be going up there for christmas break.
    Ryan

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (the Yellow Jacket)
    4inch suspension 3inch body
    Straight 6 (383 Stroker within a year)
    36inch SuperSwamper TSL.
    Detroit Loccers
    Daily Driver Weekend Wheeler
    much more...

2004 Sierra crew cab, 2wd, 5.3 V8
    2inch Daystar Leveling kit
    single dumped Flowmaster 40 sieries exaust(removed)
    Mb Blitz Chrome wheels
    Leer Bed Cover(for sale)
    50k miles
    :glasses:

Jr. Apprentice

Hwy 11 North of Thunder Bay Ontario is a great drive if you pick the right time of year.

You guys out on the left coast have some beautiful drives. I live on the east coast and my favorite is driving the Blueridge Parkway thru NC and VA

Quote Originally Posted by 04sierracrewcab View Post
    I love the mountain road from Pigion Forge Tenn. to Gatlinburg through the Smokey Mountains not sure what the road is.
    anyone live up/around there? we will be going up there for christmas break.
    OH MY GOD those roads scare me! we like to vacation up there because of all the nature, but GOD do the big rigs like to take up other lanes! We almost got fun off the road! I'm glad someone likes them though.

I like driving down dirt roads through nature. They dont even need to be dirt. As long as i can get through it and there's greenery around, i'm relaxed. We have a couple old logging trails that grew back up, but the road is still there. They're fun after it raines too!
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.