GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I saw the parts driver the other day, he said he's walking on thin ice, he almost lost his job since that Chevy dealer is one of their best customers. They chewed him out because he's not supposed to be parking up front thats only for customers not delivery drivers.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Wow-it wasn't a customer?
    It was someone who drives for a living??
    Yeah thin ice for sure
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Stchman- would barely do 75 mph??
    Odd-pretty sure Prius are governed at 104 mph
    Doubt I've put our 2006 over 80 mph
    but from the way it accelerates at 70 mph-I have no doubt it will do the full 104.
    It is a very aerodynamic car.26 cd is the claim-so it doesn't need much hp to do 100 mph
    Heck not sure what hp it makes-maybe 120-130 hp?? In any case plenty enough to punch such a small aero car up to 104

I wonder if that rental car was governed?? It wouldn't be too tough to chip it in some way so the top speed was limited to 80 mph The 2012 actually has a bigger motor 1.8 liter-more hp-so I have no doubt they can do whatever -104 mph- Toyota governs then at.
    Bet that rental-had some extra governing in it
    Our 2006 actually has decent enough zip accelerating from say 25mph to 60 mph-the immediate electric torque-nice boost.
    It won't accelerate anything like that turbo cruise- 8-8.5 0-60 in a 50+ mpg car is awfully good
    The TD Cruise will slightly beat the Prius in HY mpg-but in city mpg-the Prius can't be beaten
    but the TD Cruise-a LOT more fun-lot more ZIP- YEAH $20,000 for a TD Cruise-deal of the year!!
    TB is a Lucky so and so

Speaking of which-trip over?? Any more MPG reports??
    When I was in Florida I was on the causeway between Cocoa and Orlando and it took a long time to get up to 75 and felt like it would not go hardly any faster. It good pretty good gas mileage, but I am used to something with a lot more power.

To top it off, the Prius did not have automatic headlamps, I was shocked, I thought all new cars have that stuff.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Maybe the rental is low trim level?? Trying to save a few $$-toyota has stiff steps on different trim levels
    the auto headlights might be bundled with some expensive "sound system " stuff
    Surprised it was so slow feeling-I rarely drive 75 mph guessing it certainly wouldn't "jump" at 75 mph
    just 130 hp or so-but they should do an honest 100 mph

with those kind of mpg numbers, i may have to look at getting a cruze td for the wife.....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Maybe the rental is low trim level?? Trying to save a few $$-toyota has stiff steps on different trim levels
    the auto headlights might be bundled with some expensive "sound system " stuff
    Surprised it was so slow feeling-I rarely drive 75 mph guessing it certainly wouldn't "jump" at 75 mph
    just 130 hp or so-but they should do an honest 100 mph
    My girlfriend's old 2006 Cobalt LS had automatic headlamps.

I'm just used to driving something with over 300HP so cars with weak 4-cyl engines feel very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    with those kind of mpg numbers, i may have to look at getting a cruze td for the wife.....

Alex
    Hey there,

I know you were only making a statement about MPG's and the Chevrolet Cruze. If you ever interested in more information about the Chevrolet Cruze, I am happy to assist!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Legend

The TD Cruise is the only car in the USA that can match the Prius HY mpg

And it has acceleration-more of less like our V-8 trucks
    Our 2006 Prius sure as heck doesn't accelerate as hard as our 98 Suburban(despite 223,000 miles )
    So it should appeal to truck owners who don't want to give up ZIP for FE

Something to consider your Prius has 7+ year old technology, for its time it was the best the market had to offer.
    If you want to keep up with the market it's gonna cost you a lot more now.
    Theres been so many advances pertaining to vehicle engines and drivetrains and fuel packages/systems in the last few years that technology that old is almost obsolete now.
    While Toyota has made upgrades and changes to the platform they havent remained at the front of the pack, its now turned into a contest to see who can take the lead each week, a lot like the truck market.
    That type of competition has been both good and bad, look at the truck market for a perfect example.

The Cruise is back on U.S. soil as of last night.
    Their in Idaho today and will heading to Montana around the end of the week.

Legend

Right
    The Prius used to get about 2X the MPG of its small car competition
    Now it gets maybe 1.4X mpg of say a 1.4 gasoline turbo Cruise
    and maybe 1.25X of the TD Cruise-most of the advantage being city mpg-
    The margin is narrowing

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast