GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Already asked about a deal, even mentiond I should get a multi car purchase discount, I dont think itll happen but Im not ready to buy yet I gotta get the finances straight, I payed cash so at this point its all out of my pocket.
    They will give me a discount for the unfinished work.
    The other driver was in a 2012 Dodge Charger.
    His parents are trying to get him to plead guilty and take a 6 month rehab program followed with 30 months jail time and no possibility for early release or parole.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

3 years rehab+ jail??
    Wow-obviously they have been down the road with him-advocating that as a good deal.
    They are using the car theft to up his time in custody.
    Hoping time can do what they couldn't.

Yeah since you paid out of pocket-you have to get your lawyer to squeeze the chiseling insurance company
    Insurance companies are SOBs-they know most folks are so short of money-the can't afford any delay getting back on the road-so they lowball- hence that $17000 offer
    some folks would just take it-since they would need a car-and safe bet the insurer is being slow on any rental

Hmmmm-wonder if that TD and trans survived the wreck?? It is 260 lb ft with 280 lb ft for several seconds? No doubt folks will be transplanting them-lotta diesel fans out there.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

The parents have been staying in touch with me, they told their son either take this deal, and follow it to completion or your on your own for good, he's in his mid 20's and been screwing up for a while. The father is a retired District Att. for Albq. so Im assuming if he had wanted to get his son a good deal it wouldnt have been impossible, he just wants his son to pay his debt and get straight.
    The Ins. Adjuster tried the "The sooner you agree to a payout the sooner we can finish this and get your replacement car" I countered with "I have my wifes 4yr old 50,000 mile perfectly good HHR sitting in the garage, Im in no hurry I can wait untill we get s fair payoff". Then he tried " you'll need to settle those medical bills soon before they impact your credit". My response was no I believe thats gonna be your problem, Im retired Military and the bills are all going to TriCare, they should be sending you a letter real soon about payment so you can try that settlement garbage on them if you want but I doubt the Federal Govt. Is gonna play your game.
    Ill wait and see what their gonna do, Im really in no hurry sinc times on my side and the finances arent hurting me.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Yeah
    Doesn't strike me as a sweetheart deal-they must figure he needs lots of rehab time-must have really run them thru the mill
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

I think so, the father commented I finally got the little basterd, he either gets help or he's gonna be away longer than he made me miserable. So Im betting the problems been going on for a while he just wasnt getting caught.

Legend

Wow
    You have to be burned out to call your kid that.
    Step child maybe??
    Yeah they have obviously been thru the mill.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456