GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I remember my grandparents 1968 Nova 4dr. It had a straight six and an auto tranny. The part that I remember about it is that the engine "whistled like a tea kettle". That is how grandma put it. Grandpa was never concerned about it. They drove that car forever.
    Robert
    2000 Chevy Silverado LS Ext. Cab 5.3 2wd.
    -ChromeIntakes CAI
    -Single Inlet/Duel Outlet Flowmaster 2.25" Pass. Side Exit
    -20% Tint on Front Doors
    1997 Suzuki TL1000S
    2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1
    1997 Honda CBR600F3
    1982 Yamaha XJ650RJ SECA

Plumbers and Pipefitters Kansas L.U. 441
    5th. Yr. Apprentice

mine would be of my dads 1984 s-10 tahoe package, it had the 2.8 and an auto trans. fully loaded too. he gave it hell wish i could have it now, first vehicle i ever drove, it was an extended cab, actualy the first x cab s-10 ever sold, thats what the dealer said when he bought it. we sold it in 2001, he passed in 2003 i tracked the truck down in georgia but the guy wont sell it
    2002 silverado 4.3 5spd / off road y pipe, flowmaster split duals, K&N filter
    ported throttle body , ported heads and intake < all by me

My First car was a 1982 Volvo 240DL Sedan, man was that thing cherry. Until some red-light runner took it from me.

Chris
    2005 Silverado - 4.3L, 5spd Manual, K&N Drop in Filter, Modded Air box
    Kenwood KDC-MP732 Head Unit, Pioneer 760W Amp, 2x 10" MTX Thunder 6000 subs, Uniden PC68XL CB/PA

2004 Cavalier - 2.2L Auto
    Bone Stock

1977 Toyota Celica GT - 20R (2.2L), 5spd, 146,000 Miles all Original (even the clutch)

Blog Entries

Default memories...damn i almost forgot

okay i have a few of various cars..first that comes to mind would be the old family station wagon..unknown vintage with the woodgrain vinyl sticker on the side..my dads twisted idea of a phantom woody!.. you know the one with the rear seat facing backwards.. looking at all the people looking at us. we would wave like an idiot (in retrospect) sometimes they would wave back some were kinda lazy and only waved with one finger!
    the next would have to be the vega, packed up the whole family 2 adults and 2 kids with all the stuff needed for a nice liesurely week in the mountans...tent, stove, sleeping bags, clothes, food, etc...IN A VEGA!

ah the best for last...my 1969 ford falcon..was my grandpas car..given to me at the tender age of 16. had a 6 cyl motor that sounded like an industrial sewing machine..it wasn't a fast car by any stretch..for example when i wanted to clean off the windshield all i had to do was stop and all the bugs would just fly away..no need for cleaner, scrubbing or a squeegee..a week into owning washing waxing this gem, my mom gave me the task to run to the supermarket to fetch a few items..everything was going according to plan as i pulled into the parking lot an old lady decided she need out of her parking spot right now..she backed right into my prized falcon..tore up the left front fender..while i was standing out side with her exchanging info..a drunk guy came barrelling though the lot and cornholed the back end..dammit that car was still drivable..for a couple of weeks then i broke down and bought a 47 chevy truck..thats another story thats way too funny

oh yeah anyone remember laying up on the shelf by the back window and having your dad hit the brakes and you would wind up on the floor..laughing getting back up and telling him to do it again....
    shame our kids won't know that

Legend
    Blog Entries

My first memory of my first car ride was actually in a Ford, my dad had bought an all original 1930 Henry Ford model "A" with the rumble seat in the back. I was around 5 years old at the time, when my mom held me in the rumble seat while my dad took us for a sunny summer drive. BTW he still has that car to this day, and it is unmolested in every way Absolutely perfect! He paid $6,000 for it back then, who knows about today's $$$
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

mine was a 1975 Plymouth Duster

lets see. my dad picked us up every day from school in a '90 pointiac bonneville, my mom picked us up in a 1990 GMC Saffari, and we always went fishin in what i think was a 1985 chevy caprice station wagon. my dad was a big GM guy. i guess he passed that on to me. my mom doesn't really care. i remember crying when we sold the station wagon (i was like 6 or something). i didn't think we would ever go fishin again.

I still remember my first vehicle like it was about 7 months ago...
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I remember a single cab 1963 VW pick-up we used to moved house when I was two. When I was about four we drove around in a Fiat 600 Multipla. Ever heard of those? Then there was the first car I steered as a little boy: A Triumph Mark IV. There was the 1966 VW Beetle we camped in in the south of France and the 1967 Mini Moke we drove to the south of Spain with. All before 1970. I haven't thought about them for years.
    Paul

Honda XRV750
    Honda XL1000V
    1969 Fiat 500
    1998 Suburban K1500

84' chevy scottsdale 3spd with granny, thing was a beast

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Default 55 chev

My first car was my brothers wrecked 55 Chev yellow/white Belair. Home on leave, he rolled it up on the left side, damage was smashed rt door, rear window popped out, didn't break. He and the other 3 guys were not hurt. They pushed it upright and drove home. He gave it to me since he was in the Navy for 3 more years. I was 16, just got my drivers license. Took off the door, and started driving it around the my home town of 314 people. The one cop in town asked my dad to stop me from driving it. Dad ask if there was a law against me. None existed. No door, no seat belts, rear window gone. Things have changed. My Bro had put duel exhaust, with loud muffers. I loved to harass the cop by coming down the hill into town shift into 2nd gear and let the muffers talk to him, usually with a load of friends in the car.Things went ok until I let my 16 yr old Cousin drive it, SHE was very cute and cheerleader. The town got upset and complaints started coming to the cop and dad. They didn't care about me but cute Cousin was different. Dad found me a blue and white 55 chev 210 with no engine or transmission. My birthday present. I started to strip the good stuff off the wrecked 55, first was the Belair seats, wanted to keep them from getting wet. Needed to go to dad's garage, downtown. With the seat out, I needed something to set on, ciderblock would work. Such fun stomp on the gas and wind up in the back seat. Everyone wanted to ride seating on 5 ciderblocks. I drove it around for the summer, until fall when I pulled the engine and put it in the blue 55. This was the most fun summer I had. The things my friends and I did was crazy, wasn't worried about hurting the yellow 55. We were invincible. The saga can continue if interested, like crossing a river.

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast