GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel pump pressure sensor harness

Hi Guys, I am new here. I have been cruising through peoples posts looking for answers. I was hoping somebody could help me. I have a 99 gmc sierra 1500 4wd. What i thought was the sending unit of the fuel pump that had gone bad turned out to be some critter had chewed through the wires of the fuel pump harness and the pressure sensor harness. I have the fuel pump harness but I can not find the pressure sensor harness( if that's what it is called). The fuel pump that I have is the Airtex E3500M model. Any help tracking down this part would be greatly appreciated.

You could try a junkyard/dismantler. Get the part number from the dealer then google search that part specifically. Check gmpartsclub.com (site vendor)
    Last edited by dsfloyd; 06-14-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

if you are just talking about the plug or connector that goes to the fuel pump/sending unit, they are usually available at any parts store. If you want the entire harness then it is probably a dealer only part. As @dsfloyd suggested I would check a junk yard or get the part number and start searching online.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks guys for your reply so I found the part, it was the fuel tank pressure sensor lead connector. Had to get it from GM dealer. Hooked it up and the truck won't start now. It turns over but doesn't fire up. Which is weird to me because the truck ran fine and had no problems before. I turn the key to the on position and it shows that I have 3/4 tank. Wiring has to be correct if it now shows that( I assume). I changed the relay switch and the fuel filter. Any ideas?

Sr. Apprentice

Fuel pump pressure sensor plays important role to measure manifold intake pressure,atmospheric pressure,vapour pressure in the fuel tank.Acc.to my view manifold absolute pressure sensor is best for sensing pressure & easy to use.it has silicon chip which is flexes when pressure changes.MAP sensor is directly located on manifold intake.Intake manifold pressure indicate quantity of fuel injected,time of ignition of cylinder & other function etc.