GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Made?

Cool American Made?

I have recently started to see more aftermarket parts that are made in America. This has made me happy and made me want to find more parts made in America. Do you look for parts Made in America? Do you know of any truck parts that are made in America? Please tell us about any parts that you have purchased that are made in America.

Recent American made parts that I have purchased:

Window regulator and Motor from Advance Auto,
    Hood guard by AVS,
    Hellwig rear sway bar,
    Escalade Gauge Cluster from Digital Dash Solutions.
    Last edited by donyms; 06-17-2013 at 09:46 PM.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I try to buy "made in usa", seems like you can't always. Bought a GO RINO grill guard this winter - is US made, also bought a Weatherguard tool box, found out that it may not be made here. It doesn't say so anywhere, so it probably wasn't. Bought two Mastercraft tires last week - yup -"made in usa" ! All my filters and lubes for my pickup's and ranch equipment are also US made, Car-Quest mostly. Bought a couple new batteries this week, also US made. I do try ! I raise calves for beef, a great US product ! Keep buying US products ! KEN

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Is that hood steel or Fiberglass? There are alot of parts made here And if some of you would like some Tours of Co's like JL Audio in Fla, SSBC in Upstate NY or others let me know and I can arange it...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Is that hood steel or Fiberglass? There are alot of parts made here And if some of you would like some Tours of Co's like JL Audio in Fla, SSBC in Upstate NY or others let me know and I can arange it...
    My new hood is steel and it is functional.

If I can I buy all American made products.
    Most of the items I buy are from small U.S. companies, many running out of single bay shops.
    I like to deal with local shops trying to build a reputation, they normally show how much they appreciate your buisness.
    But like it was pointed out you cant always be U.S. loyal, sometimes economics, quality, or availability stand in the way.

Jr. Apprentice

Labor rates in China especially are going up and a lot of manufacturers are finding that it is no more expensive, and sometimes cheaper, to make there products are once the shipping cost is figured into the equation. Shorter lead times too. Hopefully we see this trend continue.
    Last edited by Nitro_Alltrac; 06-16-2013 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    Mike
    2003 Suburban LT
    2WD, 5.3L Flex Fuel

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    My new hood is steel and it is functional.

What brand is it?? After working at Goodmark many years ago I will tell you this that 99% of the steel hoods are made in China Sorry...Just too much $$$ to make them here..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

What brand is it?? After working at Goodmark many years ago I will tell you this that 99% of the steel hoods are made in China Sorry...Just too much $$$ to make them here..

It is a Reflexxion as far as I can tell. It is stamped underneath with Diamond Standard. They tried 2 Goodmark hoods before going with this more expensive one. The Goodmark hoods would have required too much body work.

It is made in USA Like I said. Check it out if you doubt. http://www.diamondstandardparts.com/...rts/hoods.html
    Last edited by donyms; 06-17-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Legend

I will get back to you soon on this making some phone calls But there has been a few Co's that said this before and guess what They were made OVER seas.. Sorry..

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this from a friend at Goodmark who has been there for Many years.. (Goodmark now owned by LKQ or Keystone)

ALL . steel cowl hoods are made overseas , I hate to pop his bubble but it’s the truth .

I will get back to you soon on this making some phone calls But there has been a few Co's that said this before and guess what They were made OVER seas.. Sorry..

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this from a friend at Goodmark who has been there for Many years.. (Goodmark now owned by LKQ or Keystone)

ALL . steel cowl hoods are made overseas , I hate to pop his bubble but it’s the truth .
    I can't figure the importance of you going to so much trouble to challenge me on this but Okay, you win. I took off the cowl hood on the post. You are real good at taking the fun out of this. I hope your happy now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast