GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Got to test drive a 2014 Silverado over the weekend.

I drove by a couple of Chevy dealers over the weekend and saw one have a 2014. I pulled in and asked the salesman if I could take a look at it. I did let him know that I was not in the market for a 2014, but I have to go to a dealer to actually look and touch one.

The salesman said no problem and actually asked me if I wanted to take one for a test drive.

The only 2014 they had on the lot was an LT crew cab short bed version.

Compared to my 2013 I will have to say that the interior is exceptionally quiet. The MyLink and new DIC is really awesome as well. I would have really liked to test out an LTZ model, but the LT will have to suffice. The new Ecotec3 engine is more powerful and has better acceleration than my 2013 as well.

The new truck is noticeably longer and larger than the 2013 model. With me having the front drivers seat adjusted to me the rear passenger behind me has plenty of room, my 2013 is a touch cramped when I'm driving.

The bad thing is the LT model I tested had a sticker price of $42,300, YIKES, my LTZ had a sticker of $44,000. Makes me wonder how much a fully loaded LTZ with all the options will cost, $53,000!!!!

All in all a really nice truck.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

42k for an LT trim level truck?

I don't know what Chevy/GM is smoking but I want some.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenian View Post
    42k for an LT trim level truck?

I don't know what Chevy/GM is smoking but I want some.
    It was a 4WD LT Z71, but yes, I think they are smoking some stuff.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

So, brand new, fully loaded, Z-71, etc and you expect it to be less than $40k?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I drove by a couple of Chevy dealers over the weekend and saw one have a 2014. I pulled in and asked the salesman if I could take a look at it. I did let him know that I was not in the market for a 2014, but I have to go to a dealer to actually look and touch one.

The salesman said no problem and actually asked me if I wanted to take one for a test drive.

The only 2014 they had on the lot was an LT crew cab short bed version.

Compared to my 2013 I will have to say that the interior is exceptionally quiet. The MyLink and new DIC is really awesome as well. I would have really liked to test out an LTZ model, but the LT will have to suffice. The new Ecotec3 engine is more powerful and has better acceleration than my 2013 as well.

The new truck is noticeably longer and larger than the 2013 model. With me having the front drivers seat adjusted to me the rear passenger behind me has plenty of room, my 2013 is a touch cramped when I'm driving.

The bad thing is the LT model I tested had a sticker price of $42,300, YIKES, my LTZ had a sticker of $44,000. Makes me wonder how much a fully loaded LTZ with all the options will cost, $53,000!!!!

All in all a really nice truck.
    That's cool. I saw one of the 2014 Sierras being brought into town on a carhauler a few days ago. I wasn't expecting to see any up here so soon, but there was one. The GMC looked better in person than in the pictures I'd seen of it.

Anyway, those kinds of prices aren't unusual up here. On a new LT/LTZ truck, our prices are usually about $10,000 higher on the MSRP than in the states. And for no apparent reason with the dollars being fairly equal. Your LTZ would have a sticker price of about $53,000 to $54,000 here.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

My 01 is the LT back when it was top dog and loaded it was $33k brand new. Of course now you have a tablet mounted in the dash and sensors for sensors. When i was in school they said the mid 90's caddys had more computing power than the first appollo rocket and now its just getting stupid with options. I may have to swing on down to front street and do some tire kicking.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    So, brand new, fully loaded, Z-71, etc and you expect it to be less than $40k?
    "Fully loaded" is a relative term. In this case "fully loaded" refers to an LT Z-71 and not an LTZ, correct?

Considering I paid something like 33k for my 2011 LT Z-71 you're correct I would expect it to be less than 40k.