GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Help With ABS/Parking Brake Lights....

A few months back, my ABS & Parking brake lights both come on & stay on. Hooked a code reader up & it stated that it may be a bad relay, amongst other things. So I am going about this by process of elimination and starting with replacing the relay. One problem, (and I will be the first to admit it) I don't know where it is located. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. I think it is near the module or part of it. No, I don't have a repair manual. Chilton's aren't what they use to be and Haynes aren't the greatest. Please help.

welcome to the club. someone will move this to the right thread so you get some kind of answer.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. I think your relay will be under the hood on the drivers side. Good luck and keep us posted.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    General Chevy/G.M. Tech

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. I think your relay will be under the hood on the drivers side. Good luck and keep us posted.
    OK, I looked in both fuse locations (under the hood & inside the drivers door on the side of the dash. Could not find anything labeled ABS on any of the relay locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    P.S. I know it had been a while since I posted that question, a lot been going on and now I am back to it.

Legend

Blog Entries

It would be helpful to those who can offer an opinion/response if you could mention more details about your vehicle (i.e changed tire size, used a programmer, or any other pertinent information such as; can you get the lights to turn off once you reset the code; if so, when do the light come back on, etc. Reprogramming tire size sometimes sets off these lights but would need to know more.....

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals