GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Z71 2wd ?

Jr. Engineer

Default Z71 2wd ?

guys,
    in my nightly search for a newer truck, i just ran across an ad for a 2011 silverado 2wd, but it has the z71 stickers on each side of the back bed....
    i always thought z71 was for 4x4 trucks... is it possible to have a z71 with 2wd ?
    just curious... thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by RATRODKING View Post
    guys,
    in my nightly search for a newer truck, i just ran across an ad for a 2011 silverado 2wd, but it has the z71 stickers on each side of the back bed....
    i always thought z71 was for 4x4 trucks... is it possible to have a z71 with 2wd ?
    just curious... thanks..
    Besides the Z71 OffRoad Suspension Package, They"GM"have the Z71 Appearance Package for 2WD, below are the Features it comes with,

The Z71 Appearance Package, available on Extended Cab Standard Box and Crew Cab™ Short Box models, includes body-color front bumper lower and center sections with body-color end caps, a body-color grille with chrome insert, unique Z71 decals, bright door sill plates, chrome recovery hooks, body-color outside mirrors and door handles and fog lamps. 18" aluminum wheels and 18" tires and front and rear Rancho shocks raise the Z71 performance level even higher.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

3. Thanks mfleetwood thanked for this post
    Likes mfleetwood, donyms liked this post
    Jr. Engineer

thanks for the info..... strange... the truck im looking at doesnt have body colored bumper, (only the end caps), dont have body colored grill, dont have chrome recovery hooks, body colored door handles or mirrors, .......
    gotta look into this.... maybe someone just bought the stickers.... its at a very well known local chevrolet dealership.... false advertising ?

thanks for the info..... strange... the truck im looking at doesnt have body colored bumper, (only the end caps), dont have body colored grill, dont have chrome recovery hooks, body colored door handles or mirrors, .......
    gotta look into this.... maybe someone just bought the stickers.... its at a very well known local chevrolet dealership.... false advertising ?
    That could be....."someone just bought the stickers"......a couple of ways to find out, check the RPO Codes In-Side the Glove Box, and see if there is, RPO code Z71, and/or run the Trucks Vin# Number.....

Jr. Engineer

thanks man....
    and i also noticed the speedo gauge dont say z71......like i have seen on other z71's... thanks again.

here is the ad for the truck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=161048005084

thanks man....
    and i also noticed the speedo gauge dont say z71......like i have seen on other z71's... thanks again.

here is the ad for the truck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=161048005084
    Your Welcome, just looked at the Ad, Overall, the Truck looks to be in Very Very Good Condition!!!.....unless I missed it, I didn't see any Mention, of the Z71 Appearance Package??

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Your Welcome, just looked at the Ad, Overall, the Truck looks to be in Very Very Good Condition!!!.....unless I missed it, I didn't see any Mention, of the Z71 Appearance Package??
    they dont mention z71 in the ad, just the decals on the rear of the bed..... thanks again

they dont mention z71 in the ad, just the decals on the rear of the bed..... thanks again

Your Welcome, are you going to go take a look at this Silverado??......if you do, I would be interested to know, what and/or who put the Z71 sticker on the Truck.

I have seen a Z66 in a 2wd but never a Z71

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

My cousin has a Colorado that is 2wd, with the Z71 package. Maybe the truck was wrecked, and someone got a bed off of a Z71 at the junkyard? Ha ha, that was a stretch!
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by