GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

To be honest I am not really wild about the new look as it sits from the factory. I do like the looks of the truck with a lift kit and some nice tires....it does look like a pretty beefy truck that way.

It will be interesting to see what some people do with them. I just cannot seem to get past the square wheel wells though. I know GM has always been more square than other manufacturers but these are literally square. I think it looks a little goofy even with the lift kit.

I like it...but certainly not enough to part way's with laser blue and replace it with a '14.

Honestly this is the first 14' Silverado I've seen that I actually like! The overly square wheel wells are actually pretty attractive looking in my opinion, makes the stance of the truck look a little more bold and strong. However I HATEEEE the new headlights. It's like the NNBS and OBS mated and created some kind of mutant headlight. I wish they would've added a bit more curvature to it and made it resemble the "cat eye" lights from 03-07. But that's just me.

All in all a handsome truck. But I'm with @2011laserblue , I have too much invested in my NNBS to even consider trading up to new. I like mine better anyway
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

That's awesome!
    1998 chevy Silverado z71 flowmaster 40 auto start remote start AR rims -Thomas

im not sold on the new look at all and as sad as it is to say my next will either be ford or dodge truck if i go and sell mine or ill have the 2015 mustang or a jeep in my yard if i decide to keep my truck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

you wont see me in one, thats for sure.

ALex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I saw one the other day driving down the 405 in LA (so I had ample time to check the exterior out lol) It doesn't look all that bad to me but it seems like the emblem on the tailgate is double the size of my NNBS. Removing that bowtie would be my first mod....that's for sure.

I've heard n3bs or my preference gmt###, the second makes more sense to me. Still keeping an eye out for one of these in person.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Figured I would share this..not sure if someone has found before me but it seems as Rocky Ridge already has an "Altitude Edition" for the 2014 Silverado. I believe they use Pro Comp lifts..hard to imagine a company already having lift kits made.

I really am not a fan of the square wheel wells...but other than that hats off to GM for building yet another awesome Silverado.
    Does it not have the same chassis and suspension as the 2013?
    Chuckie!!!

I actually like the looks of the 2014 Silverado, it is very aggressive looking. Are the wheel wells a bit too square, maybe, but the new Silverado pulls it off nicely.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

What's the bed length on the new 1500 crew-cab? In some pics is looks like a regular 6' short bed but in others in looks like the really short 4' - or can you get either one?
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!