GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Good looking out on the rr claim they have a full factory warranty.
    I knew it was too good to be true!

    Steve what do you think of the new HD's?? I like the GMC but I just don't know what to think of the Chevy..

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Totally false advertised. My father owns a Chevrolet dealership for about a month straight RR called him and wanted him to stock some inventory -- he told them no because of the exact things you just said.

    - - - Updated - - -



    As the time goes on the new 1/2 tons are starting to come around for me...I like them the more often I see them -- especially when they have some modifications. The new HD's however...another story. From the pictures I've seen it's gonna take a whole lot to change my mind.

    Good looking truck!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Have you seen them? They're hideous IMO.
    It's weird. I like the Silverado in the 1/2 tons but the Sierra in the HDs. I hated the NNBS Silverados when they first came out but over time they grew on me. The more I think of it the more I lean toward the 1/2 ton with the 6.2L. I don't really tow enough to justify a diesel so the cost just doesn't balance out. My new dream truck is on the front cover of this month's Truckin. I'm all over that.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.


  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Totally false advertised. My father owns a Chevrolet dealership for about a month straight RR called him and wanted him to stock some inventory -- he told them no because of the exact things you just said.

    Yeah I was working with a dealer Representative that met with me.. with a few calls to GM about the gearing issue and hearing that I may not possibly have a warranty I caused some waves with a couple dealerships in regards to my truck.. In meeting with this dealer rep. he stated that the dealerships are suppose to tell they're customers that these trucks have no warranty when this is done to them..He said he could go in the computer right now and void my warranty but he wouldnt do that because other problems could exist that have nothing to do with what was done to my truck.I took him several examples of dealerships advertising Full Factory Warranty's remaining in effect on these trucks. He just shook his head.(Rep. also never even heard of the magnuson moss warranty act) I called RR and they told me He was wrong.. My warranty is full intact.. they have a contract with GM that they would cover any warranty issues that arose from their components that were put on the truck..(Im accepting this as answer because its all I got)GM didnt want to hear any concerns I had about the gearing they told me take it up with Rocky Ridge.. Rocky Ridge told me it falls within GM specs and they were not going to regear it.. Dont get me wrong they make the trucks look nice with theyre add-ons but they're not putting a complete package together... somebody's palm is getting greased at GM on this program IMO.




    2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

  4. #34

    Default

    Going to have my BDS 6in kit put on Saturday (hopefully) along with the BMF Reaper wheels and Toyo AT's 35x12.50-20. Should look good on the diamond white 2014 Sierra Denali. Not a whole lot for the motor yet but that will just take some time. Will post pics if I can get it done Saturday. Will be tight getting it done in a day. Always is..

    The gears will be next on mine...

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Yeah I was working with a dealer Representative that met with me.. with a few calls to GM about the gearing issue and hearing that I may not possibly have a warranty I caused some waves with a couple dealerships in regards to my truck.. In meeting with this dealer rep. he stated that the dealerships are suppose to tell they're customers that these trucks have no warranty when this is done to them..He said he could go in the computer right now and void my warranty but he wouldnt do that because other problems could exist that have nothing to do with what was done to my truck.I took him several examples of dealerships advertising Full Factory Warranty's remaining in effect on these trucks. He just shook his head.(Rep. also never even heard of the magnuson moss warranty act) I called RR and they told me He was wrong.. My warranty is full intact.. they have a contract with GM that they would cover any warranty issues that arose from their components that were put on the truck..(Im accepting this as answer because its all I got)GM didnt want to hear any concerns I had about the gearing they told me take it up with Rocky Ridge.. Rocky Ridge told me it falls within GM specs and they were not going to regear it.. Dont get me wrong they make the trucks look nice with theyre add-ons but they're not putting a complete package together... somebody's palm is getting greased at GM on this program IMO.

    Dang, sounds like you got hosed man….sorry to hear

    I know the whole joke is "stealership"….a lot of dealers hold true to that but there are a couple honest ones out there. I know RR is a huge outfit and a ton of dealers have them in fact I don't think there are any in W. Michigan that carry them. I know one dealer uses southern comfort and does the black widow thing, but other than that I can't really think of any dealership near me that has things set up with RR. I know a dealer in lansing, (Shaheen, it's HUGE) and I think one in Grand Rapids(Kool) partnered up with Venom Motorsports, which is an outfit similar to RR but are based in MI, they do some sweet stuff, but I'm not sure what type of warranty deal they have set up with the dealers.

    I'd say you're spot on when you say "someones palms are getting greased"…its a shame. It's too bad GM doesn't have something like the SVT stuff that ford does e.g. the raptor.

    My family had various ford dealers for many many years up until 2001 when we switched to GM. Glad we switched, of course, but ford still has some things that I wish GM had.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
    Going to have my BDS 6in kit put on Saturday (hopefully) along with the BMF Reaper wheels and Toyo AT's 35x12.50-20. Should look good on the diamond white 2014 Sierra Denali. Not a whole lot for the motor yet but that will just take some time. Will post pics if I can get it done Saturday. Will be tight getting it done in a day. Always is..

    The gears will be next on mine...
    Ummmmm yes pics please!! Sounds like an awesome set up!

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Dang, sounds like you got hosed man….sorry to hear

    I know the whole joke is "stealership"….a lot of dealers hold true to that but there are a couple honest ones out there. I know RR is a huge outfit and a ton of dealers have them in fact I don't think there are any in W. Michigan that carry them. I know one dealer uses southern comfort and does the black widow thing, but other than that I can't really think of any dealership near me that has things set up with RR. I know a dealer in lansing, (Shaheen, it's HUGE) and I think one in Grand Rapids(Kool) partnered up with Venom Motorsports, which is an outfit similar to RR but are based in MI, they do some sweet stuff, but I'm not sure what type of warranty deal they have set up with the dealers.

    I'd say you're spot on when you say "someones palms are getting greased"…its a shame. It's too bad GM doesn't have something like the SVT stuff that ford does e.g. the raptor.

    My family had various ford dealers for many many years up until 2001 when we switched to GM. Glad we switched, of course, but ford still has some things that I wish GM had.!
    Got mine in Cadillac,MI. Godfrey chevrolet...worst vehicle buying expereince ever.treated me like i was buying a $10 matchbox truck.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Got mine in Cadillac,MI. Godfrey chevrolet...worst vehicle buying expereince ever.treated me like i was buying a $10 matchbox truck.
    It is amazing to me how some dealers just seem to not give a crap about customers. Even if you are using an employee discount, you are still spending a crap load of money. You would figure that they would at least be semi-polite to you. We had some pretty crappy experiences buying my wife's Chrysler van. When you use the employee discount the vehicle has a set price. You can not talk them down nor can they raise the price by adding the "tire nitrogen package". Some chrysler dealers added $250 for nitrogen in the tires! You can however get them to throw things in. We went to a few dealers and they did not seem to give a crap if we bought from them or not. So, we left and found one that did care.

    1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

    2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Got mine in Cadillac,MI. Godfrey chevrolet...worst vehicle buying expereince ever.treated me like i was buying a $10 matchbox truck.
    Cadillac is about an hour-ish north of me. My dad's dealership is located in Sparta (Sparta Chevrolet).

    Gosh you hear that all too often, its no wonder people hate going to car dealerships. Something that I think is pretty cool about my dad's store is that his office is right on the showroom floor with the door always open. Most owners have their offices tucked away in the corner and need some secret hallway to get to it, making themselves unavailable to the general consumer.

    I think little things like that can be attributed to the success my father and grandfather have had during their 30 years in the car biz.

    What were you doing up that way? I see that you are from NY.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2011laserblue View Post
    Cadillac is about an hour-ish north of me. My dad's dealership is located in Sparta (Sparta Chevrolet).

    Gosh you hear that all too often, its no wonder people hate going to car dealerships. Something that I think is pretty cool about my dad's store is that his office is ri
    ght on the showroom floor with the door always open. Most owners have their offices tucked away in the corner and need some secret hallway to get to it, making themselves unavailable to the general consumer.

    I think little things like that can be attributed to the success my father and grandfather have had during their 30 years in the car biz.

    What were you doing up that way? I see that you are from NY.
    I saw the truck advertised online and at the price I was willing to pay. Almost 12k more here in NY for the same package. Thenthey got me for another $1000 because they said i didnt qualify for the autoshow discount because where I lived. Took me 3 phone calls and 2 salesman just to get back to me about the truck to begin with. Never again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •