GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jr. Apprentice

I really want the Diablo Trinity with a custom tune package but not sure if finances will allow that anytime soon unless I get some pretty good sized side jobs in the near future
    Master Mason E.F.W. Ellis Lodge #633 Rockford, Il A.F.&A.M. Independent Amsoil Dealer

'04 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Ext. Cab WT

So I have run 91 through it and a can of octane booster and it still has been giving me this code p0332
    Low voltage knock sensor bank 2,, any ideas. ?

Next things would be faulty knock sensor or bad wiring to the sensor.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Yeah thats what im thinking,, and have been told that as well I heard its a pain to change out,, its just weird I started getting it when I went mudding one day and after cleaning up on the engine, , but it stopped for a bit then I kept getting it after the tune..i guess probably because the fuel air mix is different and its picking it up faster or what idk? But I went mudding just yesterday and you can deff feel the performance tune doing its job when you hit that skinny pedal, , so I would like to keep it on there. Suggestions timtom

I wouldn't remove the programmer... I do not believe you are getting any knock and will not as long as you continue to run the correct octane. Your issue is with the sensor itself and do not feel due to an actual knock... and just giving you the dummy light. My first thing would be to check the connector for that knock sensor... maybe you will be lucky and just a dirty or loose connection.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Thank you sir, well said..guarantee is the sensor I have heard chvy is notorious for that kind of thing

So after running the octane booster and driving for a bit now I do actually hear a knock I will just be tooling down the road and I will hear a loud knock knock knock noise just for a moment, , then it stops and the cheeck engine light will come on, , but the engine doesnt choke out or anything, , it just makes that loud knock sound for a moment and then stops I have checked everything cant figure it out,, is a 4.8L supposed to just run 87octane or what,? I doubt it would be the gas tho, , changing out the sensor tomoroz see if that fixes it

Have you tried rolling the tune off or to a lower performance option? Many have them listed by required octane...87, 89, 92.

There is only a minimum octane rating... usually 87. You can run any octane you want. The primary reason to run higher octane is reduce predetonation of the fuel (knock). There are several conditions that can cause it... higher compression, older engines (carbon build up), advanced timing, hauling heavy loads, etc.

I have never had a knock sensor go... so I can not tell you what if any impact it would have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12