GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default What exhaust to get installed on suburban

I got a 1999 GMC Suburban with 2 inch body lift,I want to get new exhaust installed on it. I had Flowmaster's put on my yukon I had few years ago and enjoyed those not sure if should go with same thing or something different. I want LOUD but really deep sound.Also want to know what else I can do to improve gas mileage I am thinking of cold air intake and maybe throttle body spacer? Not sure...suggestions are helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got any info or experience with the Gibson Metal Mulisha Exhaust? Those are the ones I really like the sound of...

Throttle body spacers are pointless and a waste of money. The only way that you are going to see major differences from CIA and exhaust is with a custom tune. As far as exhaust goes, it is personal preference. I would ask some guys with trucks that I like the sound of what they have. I like the sound of flow master, but I hate the drone on the highway.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

If you liked the Flowmasters you had on your Yukon, then stick with that.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Jr. Apprentice

Yeah thinking of going with flowmaster 10's. The guy that did my last vehicle exhaust said the 10's are nice but people keep bringing them back because they resonate throughout the vehicle...wish I could drive in a vehicle with that resonation before I got it done on mine. So no on the throttle spacers....anything else you would suggest doing to it? Gonna get new tires plus the exhaust and cold air intake...would love more power and gas mileage so..

Legend

if you lower the vehicle and have stock sized tires you will inrease the MPG. the taller the vehicle the greater the friction and lower MPG.

The throttle body spacer with a stock engine is a waste of time and money. a cold air intake air filter may be good with very hot temps 90 deg F plus but at lower temps the engine will run poorly the colder the air temp.

if you wish to make a lot of exhaust noise there are may options. I would get a low restriction stainless steel exhaust . the custom exhaust shop will help with what sound your looking for,

on my 04 silverado i started by replacing the stock muffler with a generic magnaflow muffler off the shelf. i wasn't sure how it sounded untill i had a friend do a drive by and it was awesome, but i wanted more noise in the cab so i got a cat back dual flowmaster super 44. loved it to but cab drone was more an occasional issue. i found it was certain highway speeds. mostly if you were speeding a bit. i found by asking people and even youtubing diff exhaust systems on my truck it helped make my decision.

I like the sound of my corsa sport exhaust... in combination with my headers. I get compliments from the local shops... there is nothing in my area that sounds like it...))
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Jr. Apprentice

Fell in love with the Dynomax Bullet exhaust but dynomax says they don't have that system for a suburban so gonna have to go with Flowmaster 10 series...I got 3 kids and a wife that drives the vehicle every day should I stick with 1 exhaust or true duals? the exhaust guy said a lot of people bring their vehicles back because of the drone inside the vehicle from the true duals.

Are the 10 series the small single chambers? I have them on a 78 z28 and there crazy loud for family I had a set of the 1k HP race mufflers on a impala that were that style single chamber small square very loud aggressive tone

i got Thrush and it Sounds Good Not as Deep as id like but its good for the price and its only a single not duel

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by