GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seized Motor

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Looks good
    Great it is running again-probably better-much better and stronger-than new
    Weren't the 350's just 160-170 hp back in 1986?
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

2. Likes 08silverado3500hd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Looks good
    Great it is running again-probably better-much better and stronger-than new
    Weren't the 350's just 160-170 hp back in 1986?
    1984 - pretty sure the original engine was 165 hp. Feels stronger on take off and on level ground she will cruise at 65 mph barely touching the throttle. Haven't had much time to play with it yet. Seems my shift point from 3rd to 4th is higher now but then again it has been awhile since I had her on a highway so it could just be my imagination. Never had a tachometer in it - maybe a future project if I find one that looks good/fits well in the dash somewhere. Anxious to get through a couple tanks of gas and have the carburetor fine tuned to really find out how she is going to run.

Yea it just gained about a 100 ponies over factory, besides better throttle response you might notice better fuel mileage.
    The downside is all these extra ponies in front of an OEM trans can spell trouble.
    I suspect you dont hotrod the truck, but just be ware the trans has some miles on it and may act out for attention in the future.

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Yea it just gained about a 100 ponies over factory, besides better throttle response you might notice better fuel mileage.
    The downside is all these extra ponies in front of an OEM trans can spell trouble.
    I suspect you dont hotrod the truck, but just be ware the trans has some miles on it and may act out for attention in the future.
    I was hoping you weren't going to mention that. BY the time I got my 1990 305 running right, my front clutch pack locked up on me. Well I was planning on a complete overhaul sooner or later. Runs fantastic now !

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    No hotrodding but we all have to spin the tires a little every once in a while. Plan to baby her in hopes she will keep going for a long, long time. Maybe some occasional light towing - I will let the 08 Duramax handle the heavy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JTWard View Post
    I was hoping you weren't going to mention that. BY the time I got my 1990 305 running right, my front clutch pack locked up on me. Well I was planning on a complete overhaul sooner or later. Runs fantastic now !
    I had a new clutch installed between 10,000 and 20,000 miles ago. By being a 4 speed manual hoping the transmission doesn't give me any trouble. Guess time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12